Famous people you've met

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used to be friends with Chuck Connors' son. Chuck played the rifleman on the tv show.

I was on the same little league team with Rick Dempsey. Later, he was the Los Angeles Dodger's catcher, and caught for some other big league teams as well. I think he managed the Rockies for awhile, or somewhere else. I recall him being a world series hero at one point. I believe he is a game broadcaster now. In little league, I was the starting catcher, he played behind me. 8)

joey bishop from the rat pack..
he was the nicest of a handful of folks ive met..classy
sports guys...eddie murray and rich amaral great people
the bassist from sugar ray cool but private

the others obviously didnt leave any impression on me

i did intereupt a few p nos being photod. and once video'd at a regular maintainace account in corona del mar ca,
i typed in the gate code and interupted a photo shoot, girl spread out on the h;o's ferrari
they werent too thrilled to see gardners on site all of a sudden.
needless to say we had to leave
alright i have to derail a lil deeper
the video i interupted was a lil production,
and i pulled in late one day, hit the gate opener and the garage opener and pulled into the garage( since i had to take their trash in and out as well as water 3 x's a week i had openers and everything)
with the radio on rather loud, and slammed the door on my truck, when some dude ran out and wanted to know if i knew what id done, to which i replied no,

and he asked me if i knew who was f' in in there, and once again i said no and informed him that every other week somebody's doing the same thing there , and i needed to check the irro timer

so he walked me round the house so i wouldnt go thru the kitchen
where this was taking place on the island,
i did my thing and left
next time i was back
there were realators serving food off the island,
i wonder if they knew what had happened a couple days earlier

i always liked going there, you never knew what was going on,and what there was to drink in the fridges
sorry bout the derail

Where to begin ... for 5 years I worked as an assistant to a music promoter - so I've met and hung out with more than I can even remember. (Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Everly Brothers, Joni Mitchell, Chuck Berry, Arlo Guthrie, Richie Havens, and so many, many more) Then, some years later I did a few years of backstage catering for an arts organization. Between those gigs I was gigging myself and opened for quite a few famous folk.

Graham Nash's road manager asked me if I'd be their "tour mother" back in 1983. Couldn't do it as my boys were too young to be left to their own devices (15 & 16). David Crosby was the first person I ever got buzzed with.

Michael Douglas, before Catherine ZJ...he would come and stay at the Hotel where I was landscape manager...it was owned by his Bermuda family...he's half Bermudian, his mother was Kirk Douglas' first wife, Diana Dill, the Dill's being an old money family here. He was always very polite, would say good morning, hold the door open for you...when I left the hotel he was there, had a nice chat with him, shook hands, he thanked me for my time there.

My husband has several times been mistaken for Paul Newman, the best was sitting at a bakery in Tasmania...two drop dead georgeous Swedish blondes were looking at him and whispering...I had to go off for a bit, when I came back, he was having a good laugh. He said, when I left the girls came over to him and asked if he was Paul Newman, he said, 'well I can't say, but the salad dressing business is very good...' they got their pictures taken with him and all...what a hoot! Guys have even told me he looks like Paul Newman...perhaps we can keep a rumour going that PN is alive and well in Tasmania...

I had a 'brush by' with Yizhak Shamir, the ex prime minister of Israel...I was walking along the sea front between Tel Aviv and Jaffa (that's another whole story)...I saw a well built official looking young man with an earpiece...he passed me then along came Yitzhak Shamir is sunglasses, obviously out for his daily walk...passed right by me, no further than a few feet!

Jim Lovell talked to my 4th or 5th grade class and ate lunch with us.

Other than that, nobody famous except writers and artists, I've met a bunch of them, do work for a few. Hillsborough is becoming the Prague of the Eastern US. Paul Newman started it, he had a house here but that was before I came. I took down a mulberry over Annie Dillard's studio but never met her. Shot pictures of Jeffery Deaver's show dogs, cabled a maple for Doug Marlette, still see his wife around fairly often. Lee Smith is a regular at the coffee shop.

I have a good friend, Jim Adams who is gaining some notoriety as a sculptor.

I didn't get the chance to meet him, but I saw Colonel Sanders in the lobby of the Saint Francis hotel in San Francisco.
He looked meticulous in his white suit, and was surrounded by a large group of middle aged women who were being very attentive to him. I would of had to plow through them to go shake his hand.

Where to begin ... for 5 years I worked as an assistant to a music promoter - so I've met and hung out with more than I can even remember. (Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Everly Brothers, Joni Mitchell, Chuck Berry, Arlo Guthrie, Richie Havens, and so many, many more) Then, some years later I did a few years of backstage catering for an arts organization. Between those gigs I was gigging myself and opened for quite a few famous folk.

Graham Nash's road manager asked me if I'd be their "tour mother" back in 1983. Couldn't do it as my boys were too young to be left to their own devices (15 & 16). David Crosby was the first person I ever got buzzed with.

Now thats cool!!!

What the hell, I totally spaced it! Tensing Norgay took part in an AAC presentation in Birmingham. I shook hands with one of the first men to the top of the world.

I also shook hands and thanked Curtis Pitts, creator of the Pitts S1 aerobatic biplane and had beers with with Patty Wagstaff, first woman to win the the IAC championship and top US medal winner 3 times running in the World Aerobatic Championship (women and men compete together). Also bumped into Lynn Hill and her entourage at Steele, my home climbing area.

I don't know why I forget stuff like that.

I always though that Hillary should have stepped aside and let Tensing summit first.....being his country and all. That would have showed an ultimate class. Not knowing exactly when they were at the brink of the summit, could possibly make that difficult, however. In H's book, there was some question about when they would be getting there.

I went to a decathlete camp and spoke with Bruce Jenner before he got weird. I got to interview James Burke who made the series Connections.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OcSxL8GUn-g?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OcSxL8GUn-g?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Burt Reynolds and Sally Fields on set filming smokie and the Bandit .
I was a wee lad playing hookie from school but i met them .

Eliza grew up in the same town as I did. I was close with one of her brothers who also does tree work. And two of the Dropkick Murphys live on the same block as me....I've talkd to them at shows before and always beep and wave when I see them in the 'hood.

Attachments

• eliza-dushku-00008.jpg
    eliza-dushku-00008.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 5
  • dropkick-murphys-0004.jpg
    dropkick-murphys-0004.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 51
They sure do Chip! If you are a fan then this guy will be familiar. Mike McColgan original singer for DKM, and now frontman for the Street Dogs. IMO DKM lost something when he left.....anywhoo I met him last winter at a show, he was supercool and down to earth.

Attachments

• streetdogs.jpg
    streetdogs.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 58
Ahh..I forgot too!

Paul Tibbets, pilot of the Enola Gay, went to a talk by him at the Oshkosh Air Show, and met him after, shook hands and had a photo, what a guy!

Tibbets had an eventful history for sure. He was considered the best pilot in the Army Air force when picked to deliver the bomb, was often the pilot for General Eisenhower.

Never met Tibbets but I touched the Enola Gay at the Garber Facility in DC.

Hey Bermy, that's how I met Pitts and Wagstaff, I think it was '91 Oshkosh. Saw Pitts talk and went into town for beers and Wagstaff was there talking to a the guy I flew up with.

Back