Famous people you've met

Have sat around waiting to go on stage and visited or jammed with with many others doing the same.
had the chance to jam with Ricky Skaggs, Doc Watson, and John Hartford all at the same time once. All very nice guys. Ricky was on top of the charts at the time and very down to earth for the pressure he was under.

went bar hopping with Doug Dillard. One hilarious person and a great guy.

Didn't care for Dwight Yoakum much, so didn't talk as much as we could have.

Visited with David Allen Coe at Mole Lake Festival. Very nice person. Turned down my buddy's offer to smoke one.

many others I've sat and visited with over the years. Most I've found to be fine people and quite polite with the exception of above mentioned Mr. Yoakum and Ralph Stanley.

Particular favorites to meet have been Bobby Osborne, Eddie Adcock, JD Crowe, Ricky, Doc, and Tony Rice.

When I was in High School I worked for a drug store in Westport, Ct. Back then they would deliver your prescriptions. Bette Davis was one of or customers. I would probably deliver to her twice a month. That is also how I met Katherine Ross and Martha Stewart. Martha just had her catering business back then.

When I was 9 years old I was in the movie "The Birds". All the kids in the movie got to eat lunch with Alfred Hitchcock, Rod Taylor, Suzanne Pleshette, and Tippi Hedren every day. Alfred Hitchcock liked kids and had an endless supply of 50 cent coins he'd pull out of his pocket and flip up in the air for us to catch. It was a memorable experience for a little country girl.

All the schoolyard scenes, classroom scenes and all that running down the hill. We ran down that hill for 3 days straight, run down--walk back up...all day long.

Steve Landesberg, Jackie Onassis, some Kennedy's at her same beach party, Roy Rodgers, Charles Lindberg's not so famous mechanic :lol: (really cool old dude), Hef and company, Harrison Ford, Doc Severinson (I actually got to have dinner with him), Luciano Pavarotti, Tony Curtis, Robert Blake, Don Adams, Flip Wilson, Groucho Marx, Gary Owens, and wazzhis name from The Newlywed Game... Bob Eubanks. My dad use to take us to go watch him ride horses.
We had an answering service in Marina Del Rey also.. So I have talked to the likes of Peter Faulk, Wolfman Jack. And that boating incident came through my switchboard. The captain for Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood had a line through us.
Got to meet Carrol Shelby. He used to bring in his Chili Mixens :D Danny Bonaduce used to chase scripts through my Dr.s boards:lol:
Went to the TV Series party for 9-5 and got to dance with Rachel Dennison, Dolly Partons sister on the set.
Got invited by a model who's name escapes me ;)
Went to school with Anissa Jones (Buffy), Johnny Whitaker (Jody) of Family Affair. Also went to school with Susan Olsen (Cindy Brady).

Kinda grew up around Hollyweird and worked around it. So it's pretty common to meet people that are famous. Jackie O I got to meet on Martha's Vinyard.

And Gerry Beranek of course :D

I've met and spent personal time with many of the icons in the industry today. Number one in my book is the moderator of this forum, Butch Ballowe. I made it a point to take the time to meet Butch on his own ground and he is a great host, true gentleman and honest blue collar worker. How he finds the time to run this forum and work as hard as he does at the same time is well beyond me. It is the blue collar that makes this world work. Bar none.

At the trade shows I mingle with the vendors, movers and shakers who make this industry what it is today. And drop in a few workshops and learn a few new things about urban arborculture, and it is all good.

Behind it all is a new up coming generation that will be the next icons of the industry. It has certainly come a long ways from the time I started in the business, and I am so very fortunate to have been a part of the past, present and seeing the future of it unfolding into a true and honorable trade.

To the next generation!! May they be as bad ass and true hearted as this one.

Cool thread.

Got to meet Jimmy Houston at Clear Lake.

Met Wavy Gravy.

Cool thread.

Got to meet Jimmy Houston at Clear Lake.

Met Wavy Gravy.

I've met and spent personal time with many of the icons in the industry today. Number one in my book is our moderator of this forum, Butch Ballowe. I made it a point to take the time to meet Butch on his own ground and he is a great host, true gentleman and honest blue collar worker. How he finds the time to run this forum and work as hard as he does at the same time is well beyond me. It is the blue collar that makes this world work. Bar none.

At the trade shows I mingle with the vendors, movers and shakers who make this industry what it is today. And drop in a few workshops and learn a few new things about urban arborculture, and it is all good.

Behind it all is a new up coming generation that will be the next icons of the industry. It has certainly come a long ways from the time I started in the business, and I am so very fortunate to have been a part of the past, present and seeing the future of it unfolding into a true and honorable trade.

To the next generation!! May they be as bad ass and true hearted as this one.

:beer:

I'm guessing the reason I've never heard of many of these famous people is because their fame has not been exported beyond American Shores. Could you guys put a little note next to each name to give a clue to who they are? Thanks guys.
Being in the cast of `The Birds'. is completely amazing.

I have met John Force, even stayed on the same floor with him in Vegas, but he would not remember that. Also spoke to Austin Coil, his top guy. That said, anyone can "meet" him in the pits at a NHRA drag race.

Other than that, nobody that I can think of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went to school with Jan Smithers (Bailey Quarters on the 'WKRP in Cincinnati' tv series). Very pretty girl.

Private dinner with Bernard Leach in St, Ives, world renowned Brittish ceramacist, shortly before his death. He was blind then. Quote of the evening, when I asked him how to recognize beauty?: "Only by first finding the beauty within yourself, can you see it when it is on the outside".

Thanks for the info Jay. Weirdly I knew who Bernard Leach was. I've seen some of his stuff in Penzance and St Ives in Cornwall. UK. My Mum lives down that way and is an artist too. She's a fan of his work.

I can't think of anyone famous that I have met and if I did they certainly didn't leave a lasting impression.

My sister met Matt Damon & Brendan Fraser & whoever all else was in the movie "School Ties". They shot some diner scenes at the diner where she waitressed. They cut everything that she was in.

Back