Epic cross country road trip(finally haha)

Oh to be young and single again.

While I wouldn't mind being young again, I say screw being single.

Just get the right girl.

My wife and I have travelled and worked all over the world together.

Fiona isn't holding her husband back either, far as I can see!

Good point Stig. I guess I meant tied down with a young family and such.travel is ten times more difficult and expensive with little ones.

Got ya!:D
That is why I got myself neutered at an early age!

What a great way to travel, make money, meet people, and see the country! I'd love to do this too... Have chainsaw, will travel. Have a BLAST Adrian!

Working in different cultures is one of the best ways to get to understand them. Different from being a tourist and merely outside looking in.

I remember waking up besides a freeway in NM because it was quiet. Sat up in the back seat of my 67 galaxy to see steam rolling out from under the hood and the hitch hiker informed me "it stopped". I later calculated whilst I was asleep he had been doing over 100mph for almost 4 hours, blew a radiator hose and cooked the motor. Oh fun times boarding an Amtrack in Alburquirke (SP?) with all my climbing gear and an 020 and 046. Left everything else besides the road. Sadly no pictures. I second or third take lots of pictures and if you have to tell the chick you will see her when you get back;)

You really do have a very small window to be carefree, don't squander it Bud, grab life by the balls and make it give you what you want. Before you know it you will have a thriving business and a great wife but deep down will long for the open road....... I can honestly say I lived life wide open when I was young and did a lot of crazy shit and now wouldn't change my new name "Dad" for the world but if its in you you gotta get it out.....

Let her join you along the way when she's got the time. Airports are everywhere. She can fly in and fly out during your trip. Tell her to bring some good reading material unless she really likes watching you work a lot.

Man, you gotta make tracks. Get all Natty Gann and stuff.
Jump a train, hitchhike, work the road...Cover ground and see some shit before girlfriends.
Get lost.

tiny two cents...:)

Yeah, I have to agree with everyone here. If she isn't OK with you traveling then she is too insecure to be dating a stud like you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys haha. She's cool with the whole traveling thing, I just don't want to be gone until October or later. Might do a month down south, come back here for a month or so and the OHTCC, head back for GrillFest, come back and head west from there for a month or two. I don't know yet. We'll see how it works out, everything has a way of working itself out for the better most of the time.

You're too young to be tieing your life up over a girlfriend you've only been seeing a couple of months or whatever it's been.

Says the old guy...:D.

Seriously, don't change your plans over a gurl. I'm afraid she will convince you to move in and stay when you come home the first time. God made 'man with 2 heads but only enough blood to operate 1 at a time! If she waits for you it will be better, if not it probably wasn't going to pan out any way. Besides, maybe that Hansen girl in California will fall for you and make Carl jealous!

In another world I traveled around the US with a girl for 4 months and about 10,000 miles on an 85 Subaru.

Whatever you do, Don't stress.

Ha...finding the right person early is amazing!

If you have a desire to do something, be honest from the get go with the significant other and they will either share your journey/vision or not. If not and they are happy to wait for you then fine, but if not and they want you to not as well, then NOT fine!

Conversely, if the other wants to do something and insists you do it with them, and you really don't want to, then that's not cool either, don't put your guilt trip on me for you not doing something because it doesn't interest me! You want to do it, do it...I'm happy to watch you enjoy yourself from the sidelines with a cold beer!

Back