Epic cross country road trip(finally haha)

Adrian, buy a Solar shower.
Fill it every the morning and just leave it in the sun to heat up some time during the day.
That way you have your daily shower, wheter you are camping out or not.

The solar shower is a good way to go, and can just add hot water from a camp stove if needed.

Let me know when you are closer this way. Who knows what will be happening by August.

Are you figuring on working as an employee, or contract climber, or wink wink nudge nudge for all these different people along the way?

Keep baby wipes handy. I went several weeks without a shower a time or so and baby wipes will help big time if you have a tough time finding a spot to shower here and there. You don't want a rash in your trousers!

I know we are not on your way here in Idaho but if you do swing this way I can work you, let you camp out and show you some pretty country.

Keep baby wipes handy. I went several weeks without a shower a time or so and baby wipes will help big time if you have a tough time finding a spot to shower here and there. You don't want a rash in your trousers!

Aren't those called Man wipes?:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the tips guys! Was thinking about a solar shower, gonna look into it a bit more and see.

Darin, I think my return from the west coast has me heading through your area, will let u know when I get closer whats up.

Pretty safe camping in my yard. Heck, plenty of trees to hang a tree boat or hammock in as well. Quick access to Yosemite. Hot showers and good food usually ;)

And Wifi :lol:
I would like to meet you if you get to Stephen's you can kill two birds with one stone. AND I bring dessert.

Thanks Jeff, will definitely stop by and stay for a few. CO is a place I'd like to spend a good chunk of time in.

And yeah Gerry, definitely taking plenty of pics. Dad would die if I didn't lol. Really looking forward to it.

Jerry is so right about that. I have recently come across a decade's worth of pictures from my late friend, of our rock climbing trips. They're great to have. Wish there were more. Download them someplace safe along the way in case your camera gets lost/ stolen/ broken along the way. A thumb drive or two would be cheap and easy to mail home along the way.

Ahhhh, I shoulda listened to Reg's advice he gave me at TCIA. 'Stay single as long as you can, way easier to travel' he told me. Low and behold, a month and a half away from the trip, I get a girl friend. I'm still going to NC in April for the CAA and some work, and we'd like to make it down for the GrillFest possibly. Trying to talk her into Portland in August, gotta find out when exactly summer break ends for her though.

You are too young to be tied down right now get your ass movin'. Besides when you get back just go over to Lullavill head down to Bard st. and snag some honey to call your own.

Do not skip the trip. I am forever in debt to friends who made me come along on my cross country adventures. Oh to be young and single again.

Back