Echo CS 500P

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
Anyone use one? We are looking buying a new saw in the 50 cc range and the Echo has us thinking real hard. We bought a top handle 355 from them last year and have been very impressed. We have also been hearing good things about Echo in general recently...... but I still have a hard time buying an Echo..... I mean, it's Echo.....:|: Please help!!!!

I owned my Echo CS 400 for over 10 years. It was a real workhorse. If not for my son's barn burning down, with my saw in it, we'd still be using it. Good saw. Starting was a dream. Easy on fuel. If I remember right, the link count in the chain was a bit goofy, but that's not hard to fix if you make your own chains.

Joel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We like the 50cc class because it's good on the ground but still light enough for in tree use. We typically run 2 climbers, 2 50cc saws and one larger saw (Stihl MS660). That arrangement works out perfectly for us.

Having said that, I'm looking into the 590 right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Salesman did talk to me about that saw but I don't think it for me...... Probably too heavy for what we want. :-)

Today I bought a 355 top handle and a 500P..... I'll report back after we use it a bit. It specs out pretty much the same as Stihl's MS261 but much cheaper.

I still love how easily my 450P starts and runs. The only issue I've had with it is the oil tank started leaking. It seems that the front of the tank somehow got pushed in a bit, but had no impact marks on it. I'm still not sure how that happened, and I would think the part of the saw most likely to run into a tree should be pretty strong? I took it to where I bought it, and they put a new gasket in it with some extra sealant (cheap repair, but I felt it should be a warranty issue) and it has been fine since.
If you hit the choke in time it'll start on 1 pull, which is pretty sweet. If I had to replace it I'd be torn between another 450 or getting a stihl 261, mainly because I love my ms461 so much.

We have a 261 right now and I would buy another....
Obviously. It's not a bad saw but definitely not worth the money in my opinion.

Back