Dreaming

• Thread starter ClimbingFool
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K
C

ClimbingFool

I've been asked before, do you ever have dreams about tree work ? I say , nope ! I don't no why, but I just don't. I may hash over a large tree or big up coming project in my head during the day, but I don't have dreams about my work..... Anybody ?

Greg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are they good bad ? do they help you in any way ?

They are usually just like work itself, just dealing with things on the job, not overall good or bad. They don't help me that I am aware.

Maybe you dream about tree work but don't remember the dreams.

When I worked back in California I had stressful tree dreams. It wasn't like I was falling or getting hurt. I was puzzling over my cuts and jobs were dragging out forever. The dreams ruined the restfulness of my sleep and gave me heartburn. I still dream about trimming trees but I know its a dream and I'm indifferent to it now. Sometimes I can lucid dream and just make my dreams absurd. I have a couple of techniques that work really well at inducing a good night's sleep. As I lay down to sleep I imagine falling from high above the Earth into the deepest open pit cave. I imagine that at the bottom of that cave is the worst monster I can imagine and that I am going to kick its butt. It sounds weird I know, but I have all sorts of fun adventure dreams these days and I rarely ever wake up tired or with heartburn. Its sort of like challenging your subconscious to throw the worst it can at you while knowing you can beat whatever it can create. Some nights I still prune trees but I am aware that they are not real trees as I am doing it.

When I was new to climbing I used to dream about tree work all the time. I used to see brush falling after I had cut it and it seemed to take forever to get to the ground where there was piles and piles of brush waiting to be chipped. I would wake up exhausted, ready to go to work:|:

I don't have those dreams anymore. I think it is your subconscious trying to process this new experience, i.e. being up high in a tree and trying to be productive....

If I do the same kind of work for a long period, I start dreaming about it.
Like at the end of logging season, after 6 months of falling trees, I'll be doing it at night, too.

I hate that.

I don't usually have dreams and can never remember one about work. The dream I had this morning was so girly, it was stressing about which dress to wear. I got a couple of new dresses for my birthday recently so I guess that is where it came from. Sorry it is so girly. hahahhahhaah

If I have a tree job coming up that I know is gonna be a pita I almost always have dreams about it..especially when I'm about to have to climb and peice down one of these big nasty spongey dead oaks that's all by its self, no other t.i.ps and bark coming off in chest sized sheets...We seem to have more of those than anything else around here. I reckon it's my mind trying to simulate a work plan for the next day. Odd thing is, in some of these dreams I can flyyyyyyy!

I had a really strange dream a few days ago. i dreamed that I was dreaming. It was like a different level of dreaming.

I remember a couple lucid dreams where I randomly felled trees in a residential setting. It didn't end up with the destruction you would hope but it was still fun nonetheless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I shouldn't say, that I have never dreamed about tree work. Like Paul, early on I had some, all amp up over a big climb or removal. One of the guys who taught me to climb would have friggin nightmares all the time and would come to work all stressed out....

I have dreams about walking through the groves. Their always in color and everything is as real as it could be. Rather pleasant dreams.

All the years of line clearance work manifested itself into a re occurring dream of falling into the 12 kv and getting fried. Now that one sucks.

I think I don't remember my dreams because I use the snooze button on the alarm clock...I like to wake up gradually. When you wake up and go back to sleep I think you forget the dreams you have. I've heard that to remember them you need to write down key points that are fresh in your brain when you first wake up. (especially if you wake up in the middle of the nite after or in the middle of a dream) If you have those key points then your brain can more easily recall the details of a dream after it occurred. I think I read this in a lucid dreaming article.

Back