drag saw

Cool.....

I have video of a drag saw at work...at one of the log shows I've attended.....

Fast? Like watching paint dry..... Neat to watch? Yup!

My dad told the story of having a drag saw that mounted to the back of a John Deere model B .It drove off a pitman arm attatched to the power take off and recpricated about like a hay mower back and forth .Every so often it would get stuck then the tractor did the dance back and forth .

The old boy said that two stout young farm boys could out saw it with a crosscut ,they just couldn't out last it .

I have one... in about 50 pieces... it was my grandfathers from the 20's or 30's. When I get my truck done it will be one of the projects i have been meaning to get to. I need to make timbers for it too...

Gary

Yeah, I would part with it. Here are a couple of pictures. I thought it was a handsaw missing a handle and Willie clued me in that it was a drag saw blade.

Attachments

• saw (Large).jpg
    saw (Large).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
  • saw 001 (Large).jpg
    saw 001 (Large).jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 6
My dad told the story of having a drag saw that mounted to the back of a John Deere model B .It drove off a pitman arm attatched to the power take off and recpricated about like a hay mower back and forth .Every so often it would get stuck then the tractor did the dance back and forth .

The old boy said that two stout young farm boys could out saw it with a crosscut ,they just couldn't out last it .

My Dad had a John Deere B model too Al. He sold it when I was a kid.

We had a B too. I remember asking Dad what the stack next to the muffler was for (air intake) He told me it was for hornets to make a nest in.
Ha reminds me of parking an "A" I have plus a D4 Cat inside of a metal roof shed during winter ,no cans over the stack .

Unkown to me at the time the danged red squirrels thought the stacks were a good place to store nuts . When I fired them up in the spring the nuts bounced off that metal roof like machine gun bullits .

Back