The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

drag saw

rbtree

Climbing Up
Cool.....

I have video of a drag saw at work...at one of the log shows I've attended.....

Fast? Like watching paint dry..... Neat to watch? Yup!

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
My dad told the story of having a drag saw that mounted to the back of a John Deere model B .It drove off a pitman arm attatched to the power take off and recpricated about like a hay mower back and forth .Every so often it would get stuck then the tractor did the dance back and forth .

The old boy said that two stout young farm boys could out saw it with a crosscut ,they just couldn't out last it .

GASoline71

'cause chicks dig scars
I have one... in about 50 pieces... it was my grandfathers from the 20's or 30's. When I get my truck done it will be one of the projects i have been meaning to get to. I need to make timbers for it too...

Gary

stehansen

Climbing Up
My dad told the story of having a drag saw that mounted to the back of a John Deere model B .It drove off a pitman arm attatched to the power take off and recpricated about like a hay mower back and forth .Every so often it would get stuck then the tractor did the dance back and forth .

The old boy said that two stout young farm boys could out saw it with a crosscut ,they just couldn't out last it .
My Dad had a John Deere B model too Al. He sold it when I was a kid.

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
We had a B too. I remember asking Dad what the stack next to the muffler was for (air intake) He told me it was for hornets to make a nest in.
Ha reminds me of parking an "A" I have plus a D4 Cat inside of a metal roof shed during winter ,no cans over the stack .

Unkown to me at the time the danged red squirrels thought the stacks were a good place to store nuts . When I fired them up in the spring the nuts bounced off that metal roof like machine gun bullits .

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!