Do You Use A Handsaw?

I Use A Handsaw

• Yes! They're an awesome labor saver!

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • Heck no! Too much stuff on my saddle already!

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
I have 3 new ones and 4 extra blades but I'm not selling them.:lol:
I paid $28 a piece for the saws and $19 for the extra blades. I think
they are about $10 more now.

Any of you left coast guys climb with a small axe or hatchet for knocking deadwood on removals?

I wish I could find somewhere I could order one from.

Use the link I posted to Zenith Cutter. The one with no picture. Trust me, it is the same saw I have. The top photo is the tooth pattern. Blade is about 16 months old and I am still using it. I would have gone through 3 Zubat blades in that time. The 2nd photo shows the universal mounting they use. It is interchangeable with a standard pole saw head.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 75
So they can't be bought online?

Of course they can. Go to the Bishco site and make your way to saws....about 8 pages in. Sorry that link wouldn't open....

Better yet, call them and place an order. Be sure to request a catalog. As I said, they have a huge selection.

Any of you left coast guys climb with a small axe or hatchet for knocking deadwood on removals?

Removals? That's what I prune with!:lol:

JK'ing that was standard issue though for climbing spars when I was in the bush. For me it was whack through with a hatchett or pull up the 272. Yuck!

Use the link I posted to Zenith Cutter. The one with no picture. Trust me, it is the same saw I have. The top photo is the tooth pattern. Blade is about 16 months old and I am still using it. I would have gone through 3 Zubat blades in that time. The 2nd photo shows the universal mounting they use. It is interchangeable with a standard pole saw head.

I remember looking at those at the TCIA a long time ago. I wanted one really bad, but couldn't figure out where to get the damn thing after I left the trade show. ...Don't need it anymore.

So much easier and enjoyable climbing without a 200 hanging off my side.

Most natural resource management spur climbers carry some variety of nob-knocker. Half a pickaxe handle, a hatchet, in my case a Sandvik w/o the blade...I use the back side of the frame to bump staubs.

I also abuse the hell out of my Ibuki...a couple of pulls, then flip the blade as I swing backhanded and blast the staub off with the back side of the blade. I have a monster razortooth Carona that really excells at this.

Back