Do you have a minimum height...

This reminds me of a story...

While I was working for my mentor in Calgary, I was pruning a tree in the boom truck, and I watched my old boss jump from a 5' union in a small crabapple. He ended up spraining his ankle and wasn't able to effectively production climb for 3 months. A good lesson for a whippersnapper like me.

One thing about running apprentices is that it keeps you aware of stuff like this.
Richard and I constantly have to think about doing things right, so we won't be sending the wrong signals to the youngsters.

Buckets can usually go pretty high, so you equip yourself for it's working ceiling, not proposed height.
And we have a winner.
Lol, saftey first guys, last year a guy on the coast, lower maninland of BC(unsure of exact location), had his bucket fall right off the boom while he was trying to strong arm a big top off a spruce. He fell to his death. NO lanyard.
Funny(not really) story, another local Arborist saw/watched the whole sorry scene the parameds, and all emergency personell, conducted the whole 'resuce', took like two hours or more all the while with the spruce top, already cut, just sitting there waiting, 55-60 feet above them, no one did a thing. They were not even looking up he said.
Its now one for the books I guess.
Stay safe.

Back