Debt collection ,what should i do?

He'll pay....send an email, see if you get a response.
Leave a message asking how everyone at the party liked the view. Then ask what day/check number is.

I really hate when folks play games like that:X stay cool bro.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just recieved my check and he threw in another 200 making the total 8400.00 im riding high now my face is red as a beet.
I wonder why he never called ?
I woke up this morning in a bad mood apprently i fractured my heel last night spreading mulch and kicking rocks out of the way .But the first thing that came to mind was where is my money.
Now its all hunky dory.

Glad you got your money, Dark.
There's nothing wrong with asking for 1/3 to 1/2 down. I'm not a fly-by-nighter. There are costs involved. If I get stiffed out of the balance I want to be somewhere near break-even, though it's never happened.
I have had to chase down a check. Did they think 'net in 30' meant 30 business days ? Thirty Sundays ??? Waiting on money costs me money, si ?!?
How is it I'm supposed to just relax & accept that's the way it is in biz if the customer won't accept my biz terms ?

The time to avert these kinds of problems is when you are making the deal. Sometimes I am so excited about getting a big job and there are so many other things on your mind such as what are you going to tell the 9 people that you are putting off. But, a few minutes and a "can I pick up a check when I'm done" can go a long ways. I also think that leaving a bunch of messages that say pretty much the same thing is counter-productive also. If he's ignoring you they aren't going to do any good. If he's not ignoring you then they are annoying. He probably has an office manager that takes care of these things for him. I only have 1 doctor client and I bill the office (no matter weather the work took place at the office or his house) and every few days he puts a pile of bills on the doctor's desk for approval and when and if that happens then the office staff makes out the checks and then the pile of checks goes on the doctors desk to get his signature and then they get mailed out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That one check was the top of the hill from last years new house purchase, maybe i got ummmm?

I just recieved my check and he threw in another 200 making the total 8400.00 im riding high now my face is red as a beet.
I wonder why he never called ?
I woke up this morning in a bad mood apprently i fractured my heel last night spreading mulch and kicking rocks out of the way .But the first thing that came to mind was where is my money.
Now its all hunky dory.

Sweet!

Back