dealing with rising diesel cost

But see if I dont use puncuation I get in trouble I use what I think I should I get in trouble Talk about anal Man what to do

sawin,

the prob w. off road deisel, its not easy to find. its bad enough finding deisel, in my town, there are 2 places that have the off road type. both are out of my way by 8 miles.

mind you engine size's are alot smaller over here so our vehicles get a better MPG.

well some do just not mine

Our pumps shut off at 100 litres here. I have a fleet card at a station that caters to commercial clients though and using it I can fill to the credit limit on the card. $1000 limit on the card so I just have to watch the balance and make sure it doesn't get too close to the max. I pay it off the 1st of every month and usually have to pay it down once or twice a month. They've offered to raise it but I just tell them that I'm quite happy with a grand and just keep it the way it is.

sawin,

the prob w. off road deisel, its not easy to find. its bad enough finding deisel, in my town, there are 2 places that have the off road type. both are out of my way by 8 miles.

Off road is an option for me, but the REAL problem with off road is the fines they hit you with when the DOT officer dip tests your tanks and comes up red on a registered vehicle.

Diesel when up 8 cents last night, sitting at $4.16.

$4.29 per gallon for diesel here. A bucket truck, chip truck w/chipper and a loader truck cost's me about $400.00 per day to keep fueled.

I see a dismal year ahead in the tree business here.

Off road is an option for me, but the REAL problem with off road is the fines they hit you with when the DOT officer dip tests your tanks and comes up red on a registered vehicle.

Diesel when up 8 cents last night, sitting at $4.16.

I could probably do that also but they have truck safety check points around here and they check for red diesel in the tanks.

I am not encouraging red fuel in the trucks, but I would certainly run it in the chiper and skidsteer. They can't check them.

Any vehicle or equipment that is not driven on a street or highway can use red fuel. A pickup used only on a ranch or farm can legally use red fuel. A chipper and skidsteer can use red fuel with no problem. I can't see why a DOT officer would dip the chipper's tank, maybe he or she was just stupid.

Back