David Bradley saw for sale.

They are cool. Members like Magnus and Al Smith (say , where the heck has he been ?) will at least know their collectability.

I didn't dissappear now.

Those old David Bradley and Sears geardrives make you appriciate a more modern saw if nothing else . I've got a couple but just for collector type stuff .They are not rare nor generally very expensive as a rule .

You have to remember two things .First they were a lot easier to use than bucking wood with a cross cut saw. Two ,Sears and Roebuck had time payments on them when most other people who sold saws did not offer any type of credit In terms of 1957 money values these things would be like buying a new 95 to 120 cc saw today .

Perspective. I like learning things like that Al. I just use our nice saws and incredible tools available to us today and I tend to forget what it was like just a short time ago.

And time payments on saws, huh.

You don't have to go that far back for payments.
In the 80es my local dealer would still front a saw to those hapless loggers who smashed theirs up and didn't have the money to buy a new one.
Deal was, you paid in rates and then he kept your discount.
Usually here, professional users get a 10-15% discount.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't dissappear now.

Those old David Bradley and Sears geardrives make you appriciate a more modern saw if nothing else . I've got a couple but just for collector type stuff .They are not rare nor generally very expensive as a rule .

You have to remember two things .First they were a lot easier to use than bucking wood with a cross cut saw. Two ,Sears and Roebuck had time payments on them when most other people who sold saws did not offer any type of credit In terms of 1957 money values these things would be like buying a new 95 to 120 cc saw today .

Right about that Al, these are not the gear drive 360 saws people weep over all the time so not worth as much but both ran, stored inside and instead of throwing them out i would rather sell them. i am not asking the stupid antique prices so common these day.

On a side note. Pictures of my baby is below :

1964 Montgomery Wards Garden Mark Squire 9 (Simplicity Landlord 9)

post-5127-0-63888000-1401270290.jpg post-5127-0-34857100-1401270507.jpg post-5127-0-31345600-1401270759.jpg

Mowing the lawn is not one of my favorite past times .However stripping is kind of fun with a zero turn .Much more difficult to do with a tractor type mower.

It's not what it used to be for sure.It was only on hand tools,wrenchs etc .I'm not certain now but for a time rather than replace with new such as a rachet you'd get a refurbished item .

Power tools etc. they are more interested in selling a warantee than selling the freakin tool .Good grief !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Much has changed, everything is disposable expensive junk now.

Deplorable.

Back