crane job = BLACKOUT

No_Bivy

Treehouser
Finally...epic crane job is over.....

9months ago was referred this job after a company chickened out:lol:....Had to get a transmission lined dropped which was a PITA!. 165 houses without power for 5-6 hours....did it in 4...yee haw.

Condemmed by the Historic Commision, hollow at the base. One side dead. 40"ish dia, ivy covered....blah, blah, blah.........twas fun though

finally all the ducks were in a row.....power company notified customers & dropped a 7200kv line...city arranged road closure......got my certificate of appropriatness. Woke up to 80% chance of rain....FOCK! WTF gonna do it anyway. Well no rain and the sun came out8)

Your an animal. Lotta planning probably went into that job, not something I'd ever have the patients for.

Was it a PITA lining everybody up?

Nice job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your an animal. Lotta planning probably went into that job, not something I'd ever have the patients for.

Was it a PITA lining everybody up?

Nice job!

Oh hell yeah.....fricken drove me nuts

Power company was unwilling to drop service in december.......said they would revisit later....

City Arborist did a great job lighting a fire under them and the homeowner to get it done...LOTS OF PHONE CALLS:|:

The first trunk picture showing the saw and the cut log lifting off. You can see the crooked cut on the piece (picture #22). Also noticed where you started the stump cut. Way high and aiming down in order to counter the curved cut.

Still cool though, nice job. 8)

Dang how the heck did you get the power company to do that ?
Ive tried that befor and got laughed at seriously.
Remember the neighborhood where the guy got both his arms blown off?
The power company would not do the tree work and would also not cut th power off it wqs a impossible job.His almost death cut it off for a few mins.
tell me you secret?

Dang how the heck did you get the power company to do that ?
Ive tried that befor and got laughed at seriously.
Remember the neighborhood where the guy got both his arms blown off?
The power company would not do the tree work and would also not cut th power off it wqs a impossible job.His almost death cut it off for a few mins.
tell me you secret?

IT WAS A ACT OF CONGRESS!!!!!!!:|: icant believe it either......I just said please:)

tis me......bulking up ya know.....

I cant fooking believe you got the pow pow line dropped.
Wow in Ireland they will drop it no problemo, here ive never heard it done .
Ive heard tell of umm installing insulators for some giant fees.

I cant fooking believe you got the pow pow line dropped.
Wow in Ireland they will drop it no problemo, here ive never heard it done .
Ive heard tell of umm installing insulators for some giant fees.

supposedly they have too...but like I said the city arb did a great job lighting a fire under em.......other places I've heard they will shield/ground the lines. Here the wont' so they offered to cut it down..........I could fricken believe it...SWEET, I said8)

Back