Craigslist post

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
wanted P.O.S riding mower read why
Date: 2009-08-22, 11:10PM CDT
Reply to: sale-hfmuh-1337478436@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am looking for a real dandy looking riding lawn mower to mow my lawn. My stupid neighbor came over and said my lawn looks like the slums and I told him we live in the slums and now it is time to get even with him I will be driving this lawn mower in my backyard every night he is grilling outside. Let me know if you can help me out with something cheap . they called the city on me for having my stump grinder on my residentail lot and it was behind six foot fence so I need to make some ruckus here now.

they called the city on me for having my stump grinder on my residentail lot
Thats kind of an interesting line. I assume that the issue is someone having tools for a business in a residential area.

bunch of crap which does not hold up in court.
The way to handle it is to point out all the work trucks parked every night in driveways, and all the tool bags, ladders, etc in garages.
I had a friend who this happened to, and he had to set the city and neighborhood association in their place.

These days one single call by some idiot neighbor can cause alot of problems.

Tell me about it. Fortunately it's been almost 2 years since the old bat next door to me has called in on me. She's reported me for everything from fixing my fence (I had to go on her side to screw the panel to the post) to blocking the sidewalk (my pickup was not pulled up in my driveway far enough). I cannot bring my bucket truck home long enough to wash it without her calling me in for "rebuilding the motor in the driveway". :roll:

Must be tough w/neighbors like that.
The "new" folks on our little street have been here about 30 yrs. now. We get along, & help each other out whenever we can. Planning a GTG just for the neighborhood sometime in the next month just to all visit & eat.

My neighbors are great, it's the city guy that decided my trucks looked "to commercial" and threatened to pull my home occupied business permit if I didn't move them. So now I have just the ugly trucks without signage, guess thts more residential looking

The zoning for the city here is any commercial trailer or loader can not be on a residential lot unless it is used to service the lot. They tried that on me and I did work for a attorney and he said keep your dump trailer there it is used to put wood in the basement and my gehl al20 dx is used to push snow because the city plows all the snow over to my side of the street. So I will see what happens here. I am going to fight it if I get the ticket. I have one asshole of a neighbor the rest are great. I think he called the city.

I don't live in the city but in Ceres no truck over 12,000 gvw is supposed to be parked on a city street unless it is working at the residence.

I thought I got away from where people tell you every little thing you can and cant do 11 years ago when I left the amish life behind. Now the city code guy is acting like the bishop used to. Oh well alittle longer I hope I can make enough money for a little hobby farm.

Back