Cool old Stihl accessory....

Jomo apparently thinks we all live in The PNW.
He doesn't realize that trees and logging differs around the globe.
Easy mistake to make.
The felling pouch was a great , thinking outside the box, idea for it's application.

Guess I need to check mine. Never paid attention to a name brand on them. Looks just like pic but older and used looking.

Yep the same exact stihl one here. Plus a few other different ones.

The felling cushion...seems like a great idea. Ff's use lift bags to lift and stabilize cars at wreck sites...plenty tough. I wonder why they aren't used with trees now?

The felling cushion...seems like a great idea. Ff's use lift bags to lift and stabilize cars at wreck sites...plenty tough. I wonder why they aren't used with trees now?
Can't say for sure Gary. I know that Husqvarna was also involved with the Nordfor contract at the same time Jonsereds helped Nordfor develop the wedge with their 162 outfitted with it , then a few years later Electrolux bought out Jonsereds to join the Husqvarna ranks.
May have been some legal patent issues.

Cool post, Willlard. Nice shot of the 2100 in action.

Jomo apparently thinks we all live in The PNW.
He doesn't realize that trees and logging differs around the globe.
Easy mistake to make.
The felling pouch was a great , thinking outside the box, idea for it's application.

Speaking of boxes and boat anchors?

Your honor, I present the husky 35 rear handled trimsaw from the 1980's as exhibit one, in proving that was the key moment allowing Stihl's 020T trimsaw to reign supreme.

The rain of 35's showering down from the trees, thrown by frustrated exhausted climbers trying to start them?

That your honor is how the plaintiffs in this class action lawsuit were all struck and injured.

If it pleases the court?

Jomo:D

35 was a hobby saw never intended to be used as pro saw. A TML built saw, not Husqvarna built.
Jonsered sold it as "LillJonte" or 36 if you will, Partner called it Mini P and it was sold in more brands than I wish to count up here.

If pro's used them they had a bit to learn on saws...

35 should not be compared to 020. They are not more compareble than 090 and 020....

http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14917

There wasn't too much choice back then, I think a few MiniMacs got tossed as well.

No comparison between a 35 Husky and an 020T. When my 015 Stihl gave up about the only thing around here was a Partner, that kept me going till the 020T came out. Wow,:O what a shock that was, never left home without one or a 200 since.8)

Stihl015L3.jpg chainsaws 016.jpg

That Partner is a TML saw as well. 1618 perhaps?
Not a Partner built thing either or a pro saw... Sold as Skil, Husqvarna 34, Danarm fronteir and a hole stack of other brands. If you bought a pallet you could get to choose color and sticker...

Here's the Frontier from 1973 manufactured by Quadra president Jim Hutchinson who 3 years earlier was Power Machinery- Skil vice president.

Attachments

• image0-007.jpg
    image0-007.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 26
  • image0-005.jpg
    image0-005.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image0-006.jpg
    image0-006.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 26
To add to my last post about this little top handle saw.
Very interesting story here that could make a good TV documentary .This patent pending designed saw goes way back to the late 1960's when PM Canadien [Power Machinery Ltd.] chainsaw division in B.C Canada was hard at work developing this saw. Chicago based Skil was attracted to this design and may have been the main reason for them to buy out the PM company in 1969. The worldwide chainsaw market at the time was out of 4 saws sold...3 were casual amateur user units.

One year later in 1970 Skil decides to move the saw manufacturing to it's main factory in Chicago. The B.C. plant manager and newly appointed Skil vice president Jim Hutchinson decides to resign from the company rather then make the move. Instead Hutchinson gets together with 11 other high ranking ex- employees and they start up their own company Quadra Manufacturing Ltd. That summer of 1970 Hutchinson and his team start development of the Frontier Mark 1 chainsaw.

As my picture ad shows in December 1970 Skil introduces the PM Canadien designed Skil model 1610 . Last picture is the Hutchinson's introducing their new and improved model Frontier MK. 1.
And to keep this Stihl thread on track here's a clip from April 1971 when Stihl introduced the 020AV at a Stihl distributer holiday convention in the Bahamas.

image0.jpg image0-001.jpg image0-002.jpg

Cool stuff Holmen. You are right about the 2100 coming out about '77 instead of the '80's which I had stated previously. I remember inscribing '76 on my first 2100 as clear as day. No memory loss here when it comes to chainsaws anyway.

Those are really some cool pics, Willard. "Counterfelt balloon-like buoyancy".... Nice marketing pitch, whatever it means.

Back