Connection Speed Test

My last result from there dated 6/24/07 (3 weeks ago). My DSL used to be faster but it seemed to take a big hit right about the same time I signed a 2 year deal in order to get a cheaper price. I'm about ready to get cable even though I don't even watch tv.

Finally got the cable connection turned on today. Normal browsing is about the same, but YouTube clips and big pictures are a helluva lot faster. My new test results:

:D

Butch, winders limits the speed that your machine will recieve data. This is just a registry hack that increases the tcp/ip recieve window size, allows your machine to recieve data faster. Some people notice a big increase while othes may not notice any at all... Either way it won't hurt your system, just changes a registry value.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm skeered to mess with my registry. That page was kinda confusing to me...

It's really simple Butch, forget all the bullchit tech babble on the site. Only two files you need. l'll assume you're running XP, scroll down the page to Method 1 and download 2KTCP32K.REG and 2KTCPundo.inf to your desktop. Double click on 2KTCP32K.REG hit "YES" and reboot, that simple. The other file is incase you want to undo the changes.

Upload and downlowd speeds both increased slightly since yesterday, I'm on the phone right now with the phone company to cancel the DSL service.

That's like not testing a saw before having it modified!

I just moved locations and I finally got up and running . Took me 3 hours of messing with phone lines, and theres still static on the line . I'm at 1030 and 315 speeds, how easy was it squirrle to reconfigure the reg files? Now when the phone is employeed my connection to the treehouse times out.:(

I just moved locations and I finally got up and running . Took me 3 hours of messing with phone lines, and theres still static on the line . I'm at 1030 and 315 speeds, how easy was it squirrle to reconfigure the reg files? Now when the phone is employeed my connection to the treehouse times out.:(

Yeah... but how is your connection with the mothership?

Gary

I keep getting disconnected, timed out when folks call.:

Over the last couple days my connection speed just keeps getting faster and faster. :)

I'm liking the cable connection, the DSL service has already been permanently cancelled.

Man livin' in the boonies sucks...

Comcast cable is now out my way... but since there was never any cable installed at my house it will cost more for them to run the line from the pole. I have DirecTV instead of cable TV... and Comcast requires me to have cable TV installed before they will even run DSL to the house.

Verizon doesn't have any high speed option out my way, and neither do the local internet companies. This dial-up BS is gettin' old.:( :X

Gary

My upload is so slow its gonna take a hour to upload a 2 minute tree climbing video I made this am. about pre-rigging.
Gary you can get satalite internet thru direct for about 450 install plue 100 cd-rw's and record onto them would make it worth it.

Frig that mang! I ain't payin' no 450 for install... plus it's damn near 125 bucks per month...

I don't use my 'puter that much to warrant "Satalite" (LOL) internet.

Gary

Gary that pic came from canuck didn't it.? I remeber commenting to him abou t it, I felt it a brilliant siggy at the time but not so sure now.

Back