Cold weather lube

Fluid film is wool wax. I don't see an issue with excess heating and running. Should be plenty left. Let us know. If not keep it for rust prevention.

Lanolin, eh.

Guess I'll just rub a sheep all over the chipper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah it was the fluid film. And I'm OK with the amount of running that occurred..... Maybe it helped get it down into some cracks and crevasses that wouldn't have gotten any.

Update!!! The fluid film worked OK but did not solve the problem. My partner wouldn't let the issue die with Vermeer and I'm glad he didn't. We just got word yesterday that Vermeer is putting a new engine on our chipper at no cost to us :D
I'm not sure what the changes are but apparently Kohler made some changes that should help with the problem that we have been having.

Our problem was mostly with the governor rod. I guess they have a new "coated" rod..... Whatever that means. I think they also made some changes to the carb and maybe moved the placement of parts a little. Our problem was not an isolated incident with that engine.

I didn't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been mentioned, but don't use break clean. It can eat up some plastics. Carb clean is much safer.

I didn't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been mentioned, but don't use break clean. It can eat up some plastics. Carb clean is much safer.
That's funny that you say that because that's exactly what the new Vermeer mechanic told us to use. I bought carb cleaner instead.

17f306a8b0cabf8e9d2d737fec5bf77f.jpg
cd561022b01a1661f5f58df4e999f3ed.jpg

Back