Coil Question

cybergeek23851

I like cats...
I've got a friend on another board that needs a coil for a Pro Mac 10-10. He just wants to know which models will work for substitution/repair purposes. He does have a 10-10 to pull a coil from, which version, I am not sure of, but am waiting on a response back from him.

I tried to PM Al, but his box is full. :P

It's not full,my 'puter is on the fritz .

If it's a points type coil then any 10 series points type will work including the SP 81,Sp 105,Sp 125 .Seldom if ever does a Mac points type coil ever go bad .More times than not it's the points or condenser .
Solid state coils appeared at the last of production run on the 10-10's which I think ended in '98 .To actually cross reference what would fit ,I would need the numbers which are on a metal plate under the air filter cover ,near the carb most of the time ..Never the less parts are relatively easy to find for that model as they made a zillion of them

After thought .If it actually is the coil give Scott a call up in Vermont I think .Can't remember what the web site is but you can find it on either Magnus' site or Forestry forem .He's reasonable and knows his business plus ships fast and cheap .

I have him in my favorites file but this damned machine only opens about half of them .

Al, a lot of people only look at their inbox but aren't aware that they have a 'sent items' folder that saves a copy of every PM you have ever sent. These add up and count against your allotted storage limit. Try clicking on this http://gypoclimber.com/private.php?folderid=-1 and see if there are an extra hundred messages that you can delete. :)

Back