395xp coil.

Dave Shepard

Square peg, round world.
My 395 got smashed and the coil wire was damaged. It appears the wires are not replaceable like on the 394. Where's the best place to buy a coil? Thanks.

In searching, I found a big bore top end kit for $110. Is this junk, or a scam? Some of the cooling fins got snapped. Not sure if that's going to be a problem.

Dave, I see nobody ever replied here. Did you get it put back together? Bailey's is my go-to supplier for saw parts. OEM or aftermarket. They have a couple different brands of replacement piston/cylinder kits, had decent luck with them. All the new coils will be rev limited, so it's harder to adjust the carb by ear. you can lean it out and not hear the difference in RPM.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought a new one at my local Husky shop. Then found two in a cupboard at my parents.

• Haha
Reactions: Raj
There's also the possibility of splicing a new wire.

I wouldn't go with a big bore kit, they tend to have really thick fins that pass much less cooling airflow than the original cylinder, and aftermarket cylinder ports can be worse than OEM such that even a big bore may have less power.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dealer said not to worry about the fins. Just keep them clear. I've never had any junk in there anyway.

Back