Chipper Manufacturers

My buddy in town has a late 90's Bandit 200xp and it has a hydraulic curbside feed feature. May be worth a call to bandit and asking if it's still offered. On topic, i'm stoked with my Bandit 150xp.

this combo rotates...chips up to 9"

WqafsyB.jpg

Nick, sometimes you have to finesse the asking. For instance if one person told you no, gather all info, thank them, and later ask someone else. Lots of no's are just out of momentary ignorance by one or more people. And if you told most dealers, "I'll bet you can't...." they would say your right. All we have is this stock model, that's all they really make.

Are you interested in valuable custom add ons?

One that comes to mind is the adjustment ring on the chipper chute. Most have a number of spots where you can't adjust the chute in this and that direction. But for $75 or $150 they have a ring that has adjustment holes equadistant every inch or so in a full 360 degree circle. No sales person or dealer offered that, I just happened to see it or a picture of it somewhere and asked for it at the last second before I had mine built. (It saves so much time.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah the adjuster ring on the morbark sucks ass. There's 3 notches for us to choose from. The middle one is ok and the other 2 are too far left or right. You can choose from "shoot half the chips in the street" or "shoot half the chips on the sidewalk." Take your pick! :)

Thanks CursedVoyce! You gonna get me a truck big enough to tow that guy?!

Staying under 50 HP diesel is a magical number in CA that is thought will keep us away from a ton of paperwork and extra fees and possibly having chipper put out of service by CARB requirments for a long time to come. Bandit was testing a 89 HP gas engine in the 90XP. Probably in full production by now. My 50 HP is nice for power, more would be incredible.

They come to the UK as a skid unit, Global put them on a UK spec trailer chassis.

Its perfect for a turntable mount as the side by side design makes them much shorter and wider than the traditional inline design.

I have an unfinished project chipper based on a Farmi pto machine mated to an 80hp Perkins engine that looks very similar. I started in before the 105 was available, might even finish it one of these days.

Back