Chipper blades

I got a bundle of 4 sets of knives. Just bought 1 more. When the new ones arrive, I'm gathering up all the sets and sending them to treestuff for a sharpening.

No pics but did Google “Bevel Buddy” and see YouTube vids up. Not 100% sold on it just interested. It does seem to be grinding flat side of knife to true it up. That may have a lot more lost when do a blade removal and have sharpened.

If this does look really promising I will use Knife Saver for multiple times to extend efficiency just like I do now and then I would hope to be able to use Bevel Buddy to extend longer for two or three sharpenings. (I try to run zero dirt and gravel through chipper.)

That is how I used to do it.
But since we rent out our chipper, we do have dull blades a bit more often, so now I alternate between 6 sets of blades to ensure I always have plenty of sharp ones in stock.

...I will rent out in a sense, I am the operator comes with the price, if they are competent they can feed as well. The thought of being like a rent it yard where they hitch up and drive off with my machine for a day of beating ..no way...

No, I mean letting complete strangers operate it.

Stig, did you mean you provided the operator, too? THAT, I can understand.

...first thing they would check when equipment came back was the hitch, seems people bend them up in reverse with no trailering skill quite often

Back