Chili

It is supposed to be chilly dogs (COLD) here on Wednesday, so I have gathered all the ingredients for some Chili. I won't use any sausage, as the Haitens won't eat pork and I am planning to make enough to take to work.

Didn't JamesTX have a reciept? I looked in the Old House, but it was not there. I found Garys and here we have Jasons, mine will be a mix of them both!

Brian, if it is going to be cold here, it will be FREEZING where you are.

I do the bbq - my wife does the chili. She puts in everything - black beans, corn, tomatoes, etc. She uses chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic, cayenne to flavor. No recipe, just wing it. I hate to admit it, but the corn is good.

It is time to start the chili. Hopefully, it will actually get cold! I made the Black Eyed Peas last night, just for tradition.

Well, it is 84 degrees outside, we are wearing bathing suits and shorts headed out to fish. The chili is ready if the cold fronts gets here!! 2 pots full :)

168.gif

I made some venison chili last eve. All the usual ingredients plus beer, dark chocolate, brown sugar and cinnamon. I learned it from Emeril.

Bam!

TS

Wow Tom, that sounds incredible! And Gigi, your chili looks fantastic as well! I might have to come get a bowl if this cold front ever shows up. Still overcast and in the 70's here.

that looks and sounds delicious! we are hanging around the house today, both starting back to work tomorrow. weatherwise, overcast and about 41F, 5C or 278.15 Kelvin. :)

Well, it is 84 degrees outside, we are wearing bathing suits and shorts headed out to fish. The chili is ready if the cold fronts gets here!! 2 pots full :)

Little baby Jesus says that there should never be green things in your chili.

The holidays are very religious around my house -
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuAUI_0knfk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuAUI_0knfk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

just finished the chili from last night, all this talk made me whip up a pot of it!

I don't cook much but with this cold weather I may go up to Steak and Shake and get a big bowl of chili for dinner. :D

OK, I'm back. The chili was great, although I had to send it back the first time because it was only 2/3 full and 'wimpy'. When the nice waitress brought it back it was filled to the brim and loaded with meat and beans. :P

A couple years ago I used to hate sitting next to kids in a restaurant, but I must be getting soft. A young lady and her daughter were at the next booth and the little girl reminded me so much of Peapod. :D Same long brown hair with bangs, and her voice sounded just like Peapod on John's videos. I was laughing and smiling all through dinner. :) Mom was cute as well.

Chili tonight here, also. I usually cook it overnight in the crockpot, then put it outside in the cold the next morning......reheated that evening. Seems to always taste better that way. Rice and cornbread. mmmmMMMMmmmm

Had to use store bought tomatoes for the first time ever. bummer.

Gary, I'll be trying your recipe next. There's venison in the freezer, sounds like a good recipe for it. Thanks for finding/posting it, Cyber!

Gary, I'll be trying your recipe next. There's venison in the freezer, sounds like a good recipe for it. Thanks for finding/posting it, Cyber!

I hope you like it che! I am going to make a batch of it on Sunday myself.

I have actually won chili cookoffs with it. :)

Gary

meat and beans!:/:

And maybe a nice, thick, gooey loogie. There's a 10 page thread going on at another forum titled "I Work In A Restaurant" and you wouldn't believe the stuff they say, especially about those people who send food back. It's like a personal affront against the employees and a lot of the time they exact their revenge.

i dont want to read stuff like that or id never eat out. lugy burgers taste good when you dont know!

:barf: reminds me of a scene in a movie called road trip.... dont order the french toast.

Back