Changing climbing style after Back injury

Yup in 2001 last--and a PET scan too. also spinal x-ray in 2004. no lumbar issues; cervical probs maintained seeing chiro monthly or two...

I like an adult beverage or two in the evening if i had to pop vicodin regularly with alcohol i would be concerned about masking symptoms from a worsening :X issue that could be improved non-chemically.

Try Pantheraba's stick trick--it's great! :)

so no lumbar degeneration?........only c spine? Must be cuz your always looking up:D

You have some de-gen most likely......whether you admit it or not

so no lumbar degeneration?........only c spine? Must be cuz your always looking up:D
Well I am but the cervical kinks are a result of falling 30 ft onto a driveway, arms first and head second. that may explain a lot...
You have some de-gen most likely......whether you admit it or not
O yes overall degenerating,no doubt in the world. Even degenerate, some would say. :P but wearing out to the point of breakage or chronic pain, heck no. Same with treees--stress is good, because they bounce back stronger. Excess stress is Strain, the kind they can't bounce all the way back from.

Those whose backs feel best when climbing--count me in tha t group too. :D

Chip the stick trick is using a bamboo pole for calisthenics--you have not seen the video? It's great--and you can substitute a wolf-garten pole if no bamboo handy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hmm, does ascension cause you pain, or what, exactly? - I have very little pain when i climb MORE when i am seating for a while - burning cheek and thigh. Dr on tuesday so we will see .

The yoga stick trick would be great

Blinky - you would have had to have been there - I am sure there is footage on the west coast climb. I tried the Bamboo - but i did not like the lightness of the pole.

Back