Chainsaw Boots for Tree Climbers

I agree with the sentiments that 'you shouldnt cut corners with safety' AND 'that eventually it becomes too much'.

For me it was the cost of epipens. To follow doctors recs I needed 4 or 5 two pen sets, all of which expire yearly at a cost of $250+ each...

As far as a $300 helmet goes, sure I get it. $400 boots? I think thats reasonable. WesCos cost more than that off the shelf and customs are 2x that.

I agree with the sentiments that 'you shouldnt cut corners with safety' AND 'that eventually it becomes too much'.

For me it was the cost of epipens. To follow doctors recs I needed 4 or 5 two pen sets, all of which expire yearly at a cost of $250+ each...

As far as a $300 helmet goes, sure I get it. $400 boots? I think thats reasonable. WesCos cost more than that off the shelf and customs are 2x that.

Gotta learn to barter and trade, like the old climbers do.

Traded an 85 foot beetle kill Monterey pine removal, a strategic one, for a set of custom HighLiners, that cost my boot shop owner 550 bucks.

Did it solo in one and a half days, no haul or stump grind.

My most recent stand up saddle modifications to my wesco's? Bout 90 minutes, two easy fan palms with three years of skirt!

That's how the old folk gets through depressions n recessions n such,,,,barterin.

Jomo

Wesco's hold up real well to saw contact. Sadly I just wish it wasn't to my newer pair.
But all toes intact is priceless.
6u6ubape.jpg

I'm not a fan of steel toes either although I have to wear them for work. Well 250 or whatever WESCO will charge for the repair is still less than a trip to the emergency room.

Wesco's?

We don't need no stinkin wesco's!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 30
Back