Chainsaw Boots for Tree Climbers

Bixler

TreeHouser
I've worn these boots everyday for a month now. They keep my feet warm, dry, have great traction, and are very comfortable with spurs or on the ground. Made by Tango, an outfit out of Germany. For more info visit http://www.drayer.de/en/

:thumbup::thumbup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Randy, $370 US dollars.
Tango boots

Worth every penny brother. GREAT in spurs or on the ground, I use CF Geckos and STEIN climbing gaffs. I've spiked into the boot several times and it doesn't even phase em'.

Nice lookin' boot, expensive, but nice. Good gear is always a good investment. :thumbup:;)

Thanks Bix :)

I will never wear red/orange boots, NEVER.

Gotta draw the line somewhere!
Yeah the color orange or red is odd alright .
All my forestry boots are orange and have been wearing that style since the color was introduced by Nokia [Finland] in the very early 1980s. In our logging region people are used to them as just another logger walking down the street after coming out of the bush.
The reasoning for the bright color is safety awareness where your feet are when your cutting with a chainsaw. Especially works well when walking through tree limbs while delimbing a tree laying on the ground.

Now, here's the thing, like with that helmet on another thread which costs a small fortune, one can always say "your safety is priceless" or as above "good gear is an investment" and to an extent you're right.......but there comes a point where the cost becomes too much and for me the price of those boots is way beyond that point.
I'm not a logger, I'm a climber so I rarely find a saw near my feet, after 15 years of discomfort I took to the dark side and started wearing far more comfortable steel toed ankle boots. Cost €50 ish, replace them when they fall apart.
I'll never go back.

I cut my foot once around 1980 and the chain went right through the heavy ballistic nylon just nicking my ankle only requiring several stitches. That wasn't the worst part ,I tried to go back to work and found bacteria strive in sweaty work boots, got a bad infection and missed a couple weeks of work.
Now if I had just a regular leather boot on ........good PPE is something you don't want to short change yourself on.
BTW nice boots Bixler :thumbup:

I hear you Willard, I have just been back to the UK to pick up new a new harness, karabiners and ropes, I try to keep my gear up to spec, those boots can be like medieval torture though when you're doing a lot of dragging.

I hear you Willard, I have just been back to the UK to pick up new a new harness, karabiners and ropes, I try to keep my gear up to spec, those boots can be like medieval torture though when you're doing a lot of dragging.
Have you ever tried those German made Haix boots? They look like their soft as butter and would be nice to wear.

Stuff here is so pricey I've sort of given up, and the thing with boots/shoes is you really have to try them on, however I'll look 'em up, cheers for the tip.

Stuff here is so pricey I've sort of given up, and the thing with boots/shoes is you really have to try them on, however I'll look 'em up, cheers for the tip.
I think like you ,I always have to try them on first . Worst thing is to spend big bucks on a mail order pair of boots and find they don't fit right.

Haix are ok boots. Nice to wear but not as well made as some. They have a new range out, which may be better.
I see Bailey's sells the Haix chainsaw boots and the prices are not that bad compared to others out there .Haix have a good selection of different models,
Only trouble Baileys won't ship boots to Canada and the only Canadian Haix dealer is half ways across the country.

I own a couple sets of Haixs, the extremes and the lights. Both are very comfortable and I have found them to be quite durable. They are a heck of a lot lighter than my Vibergs and in some ways the extremes seem to be stiffer. Willard give Rob with Arborist Supply in Calgary a call he carries Haixs, if you know your size I'm sure he'd ship them out to ya.

Cheers
Ben

Just another Jomo and bro contraption La Becasse!

Not available to the general public except in picture form....

Jomo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jomo revolutionized the spur... Innoculators https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?17563-Spur-Length/page5

La becasse, I will say...

The Tango Extreme chainsaw boots have become my everyday work boot for the past several months. They quickly formed to fit my foot comfortably. They hold great in spurs all day, noticeably lightweight, making them a great boot for all ground work as well. They have proven to be completely water proof, whether it's deep puddles or working in the snow, my foot has always stayed warm and dry.

Luckily I have no idea how wesco's hold up to a chainsaw hit.

They get tore up enough rubbin gainst chains that ain't movin!

When wearing gaffs I feel a wee bit safer.

Jomo

Back