Bought some like new Buckingham Climbing gear

Dh1984

TreeHouser
i went around town today hitting pawn shops for cheap saws.well i found 1 saw i liked but they wouldn't come down on the price none thats was no big deal.I just passed on it and i'll go back in a week or so and see what i can get it for. Well while i was i there i started looking around to see what i can find and i looked at a few other saws but they was looking kind of worn out. well after that i looked right above that saw and seen some stuff in a bag and found some gently used buckingham climbing spikes and whats looks like a saddle of somekind. and it had 59.99 on them. Well i grabbed them and went to ask them what they take out the door and they told me 60.00 dollar bill out the door with out tax. i liked to have broke my arm getting to my wallet to pay them. well to make it short here is the pictures of them.

IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0249.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0252.jpg

Sweet man.. looks like a linemans belt to me... Those are some older-school snaps as well. If those rivets pop out on the l pads you might find yourself in a pickle or least an uncomfortable situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thats what i said when i got them to the truck. i'm going to buy some back up pads incase they tare up or anthing.yea i kind of figured that those was older snaps but i got some i'm going to change them out too.

Does the harness have leg straps??

I personally would be cautious of using PPE that belonged to someone that I didnt know much less from a pawn shop. A saw is one thing, a hammer is a hammer and so forth but a saddle is more personal and requires a certain trust if you get my meaning.

If my new gear looked like that I'd send it back.
Ditch the harness, get a proper one, do some maintenance of those spikes before you use them and use those clips to walk your dog, not trust your life.

Those gaffs remind me of this classic thread and the dude in Poland? that made his own
attachment.php

https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?10292-What-Style-Climbing-Hooks&p=228864&viewfull=1#post228864

Post some more pics of the saddle. Might be a linesman belt or an old school tree saddle. I work with a guy that has been doing tree work for 25+ years and his saddle looks very similar to that. He's only had 2 saddles his entire time. He's old school (ties a suicide knot, tautline with 1 over, 2 under, no stopper), but he is fast and a roping genius!!!

no the saddle don't have leg straps on it. but i'm planing on useing my own saddle and snaps i use everytime i have too. when i get time off i'll get some more pictures of it and post them for you all to look at.

Hey I started out climbing in a saddle that still had the blood stains from the last guy, God rest his soul. It's all good.

well they look new. i'm not saying they was new or anything like that. i know they are new to me and thats about it.i'll just have to get new straps for them and then they should be ready to get a good sharpening and be ready to go.

The Troll is a creature out of Scandinavian cultural heritage.
I'm starting to look forward to seeing some royalties.

My buck gaffs are probably 20 years old. They were given to me when I first started climbing and have sentimental value. I don't plan on climbing on any other gaffs while I'm alive. Weird, eh?

Back