Boston Marathon Explosions

Perhaps when they catch the terrorists(?), they can get them to offer compensation like the US pays up in some places to innocent victims, isn't it like 5 grand each for blowing to smithereens parties and various other innocuous social gatherings? Then it is as if it never happened. The cycle of violence and death goes round and round. One thing is that we don't often get to see it in such vivid detail.

I got into Boston fine...safe at home with all the family.
Funny, it took almost two hrs to clear customs and immigration in LA, but a hop, skip and jump to get on the LA Boston flight...

Glad that you arrived in good order, Fiona. I recall arriving at LA not so long after 9/11. I couldn't believe the security rigamarole, kind of fascinating if you didn't mind the fifty look overs or so when arriving in your home town.. I'm not sure if it as where a lot of people from suspected parts of the world arrive or not, but they are definitely into the security thing, inside the terminals and outside. Security and customs seems to draw power trip types, and I don't like the noseyness of having to state my profession, but I also learned that giving them lip can make things more a bother than they normally are. Best to tell them what they want to hear and get through asap.

My SIL was directly across the street from the second one....too close, spending lots of time cuddling the kiddies.

BIG WOW! Glad everyone is alright, Fiona!
Looks like they are looking for 2 white guys, early 20's now.

They shot one of the suspects and he sort of blew himself up a little bit. The other is still on the run.

'Kay, new day in Boston...our area is not locked down...just getting on with life.

I have a cousin in Boston. She's married to a professor at one of the colleges there. I've not yet heard anything from either one of them. I'm looking forward to hearing from her and the story she has to tell concerning this whole mess.

There was a bit of news on this morning that seems very alarming to me, however. It seems these two domestic terrorists entered the U.S. about 10 years ago.......right around the time of the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11. I have some serious questions pertaining to our immigration laws. I need a passport to get back home from Canada, but it seems that these terrorists are all but dragged into our country by our own government.

Joel

They're gonna waterboard that kid. I think this stuff is is going to go deep.. like back east deep.

Bad judgement to a major degree. I imagine during the many years ahead in a super max, he'll be thinking of when he had his freedom.....if he survives..

Back