Bore - wedges - rotten tree

I must say I'm kinda with Gary on this. First off let me start this by saying I too don't do this every day. But I have been for -+25 years. However it's not about production. Sure it's about getting the job done and making some money but I don't have to do "two takedowns a day" IOT make a profit. Some of the fun, at least for me, is trying out new ideas and - like someone else said "it's always fun playing with gear". I often am extremely careful and polddingly slow on jobs that may cause property damage or injury. Other times I "over think" stuff so I can try differant things out. Just my .02.

When I first started out working with the crew on crane jobs, I was doing the limbing after the tree was layed down. I'd be looking at the guy working at the stump, and say to myself, "I want his job". He got kind of old to heft a big saw, and I took over at the stump. Man, I was happy, I love it! Now we've got a younger guy doing the limbing, and I know he's thinking the same thing about me. Got to be efficient here, and find some way not to get old.:?:|:

Back