BlockDriverTester/ReviewerSought

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 70
  • Views 7K
I think it was designed by somebody with not enough experience dealing with big trees, but they came up with an idea in their head while not being familiar with all the current and proven methods already available.

Sort of like the idiot who came up with the 'chainsaw chain on a rope' idea to cut limbs that are out of reach from the ground.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sort of like the idiot who came up with the 'chainsaw chain on a rope' idea to cut limbs that are out of reach from the ground.

:) AND, that device only really works if you stand directly below the limb being cut!

Wiley_P, I happen to share your thoughts on the device. Be that as it may, the offer is not poorly thought out, and I am not 'hawking' junk. Take it or leave it, no skin off your nose.

Your offer is very well thought out, I was talking about the tool itself. My poor syntax is on par I see.:)

It's all good.
Next week I'll be hawking some snake oil. GUARENTEED to improve the life of anyone who drinks it :)

Way back there was a time I thought the GRCS was a POS, way no worth it. Till I tried one. Things improve the more they are R&D'ed. but I dont know bout snake oil.......:lol:

I think it was designed by somebody with not enough experience dealing with big trees, but they came up with an idea in their head while not being familiar with all the current and proven methods already available.

Have you ever checked out the inventers videos? He sure makes a crane job look very easy, he also makes a normal take down with rigging look pretty damn smooth.

I don't think I would use a block driver but I find no need to dis the inventor.

It may be a good thing for some people.

I watched the video. While I may not find a use for it, there will be someone out there that will. I commend the guy who made. When researching and developing sometimes you don't always come up with an absolute hit in the market right away, but it's a baby step in the right direction that might lead to something bigger and better.

I don't think I would use a block driver but I find no need to dis the inventor.

too bad more people dont have your etiquette carl
to say the inventor has no experience with big trees is ludicrous and shows nothing less than pure ignorance. knowing the guy personally i'd put him up there with the best of them....but what do i know

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3206097179768473036&hl=en-GB

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...30996&hl=en-GB

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...50185&hl=en-GB

:thumbup:

I also think it is worth a shot. Which is why I tried it out. While it might not work for me, I feel it is important to honor the request of the inventor to get this device out to folks, and get feedback.

It looks like No_bivy is the leading contender so far....and (breaking news) after that Greg Good.

knowing the guy personally i'd put him up there with the best of them....but what do i know
The last two links didnt work for me. But the first one showed a good climber working with a good crane operator. Pretty good stuff Steve.

Frans, I was going to throw my name along with Charly Pottorf in on this. But I just dont know what it would get used for.....still thinking on it.

i watched the first vid. nicely balanced, large pics and the operator was smooth, fast and paying attention :thumbup:

I could have used one on a tree of heaven that I removed about month ago. Haven't had a big tree since. Have no large removals booked, or I would try it.

The Bivyless one should be a shoe in, he's always posted great vids and pics of his work. What's to decide:?

Back