Blade Touch up

I've never know anyone that sharpened their own blades, not in over thirty years. It's SOP to send them off to a pro.

Sux because I live in the stix MB .. If some one had done them local... My time is definitely worth more money having them done at 22.00 or so a set that Steve told me about. I will still have to send them out to have them done, or drive 1.5 - 2 hours.

I don't think most machine shops charge that much to run them through a surface grinder . Of course if you run a saw through a chipper the price might be more .:lol:

The price Steve got his done for is pretty good I think.. Figure mine are two sided X 4 knives. My wet grinder only takes 20 minutes a set of four. Not bad. MB I take less material off them in between machining. I am just touching them up.. so to speak. But I get them plenty sharp ;)

I've never know anyone that sharpened their own blades, not in over thirty years. It's SOP to send them off to a pro.

I tkae mine to a pro, cost 48 bucks for four double sided 10 in knives. Those gizmos are more for a MINOR touch up, thats bout it

i havent put sharpened knives on my chipper yet, i have a set but i just keep slapping new ones on it. i hate adjusting the anvil and by putting the same size knives on every time i end up flipping the anvil once a year. i know its bad but i run my knives till they are pretty dull

Dull blades overwork everything, just like in almost every situation.

I ain't no mechanic. It beats the hell outta the transmission and engine n shit.

I thought he meant he puts NEW knives on, rather than using SHARPENED knives. I've done that myself, so I don't have to mess with the anvil adjustment. Sharpened knives are shorter than new ones.

i was responding to him responding to you responding to me. i knew you were on board

15 mins to flip knives.......aint worth vibrating the hell outta everyting having dull knives.

Back