Bino's for treework?

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
W

Widow Shooter

I use them, and since it is raining here again...:Xlet's discuss them!

I have 2 sets, a pair of Steiners that always ride in my climbing kit bag, and a pair of Zeiss that I can break out if the tree is very dark up in the thick canopy, they are real sharp and bright.

you can use them for all kinds of stuff

1) inspecting your TIP, whether it is for DdRT or SRT.
2) inspecting for rot or weak unions
3) planning a route and /or rigging plan.
4) inspecting pre-climb for insects/bees/animals
5) you can use them on the ground whilst doing estimates and for doing some disease evaluations that can only be seen by either climbing to the top, or using good quality binos.

You groundies can use them, say you are trying to point out something that is 10 feet in front of you, but 100 feet from them?

and if there are worthy targets . say poolside, they work for those too ;)

I'm going to start using mine a lot more, should save time, money and perhaps asses if used to their potential :)

One more thing, but the very best you can afford, nothing is worse than cheapo' glass

My Zeiss were over a grand, but worth every penny, guaranteed for life and it is transferable.

so how many use them here?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bino's Boss, not Biner's...lol ;)

Ya never know, you canooks talk funny.

I never leave home without my binos, use'em pretty oftem. Makes clients think I'm all smart and together and stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no we talk fine, it is you guys down there, a different accent for every state...lol ;)

Since I'm an avid birdwatcher, I'm rarely without Binos.
I use Zeiss for birdwatching, but my "in the truck" binos are a pair of exellent japanese sailors binos that My dad bought when I was about a year old.
They are great for all the things you mentioned, and last week I saw a melanistic Montagu's harrier while eating my lunch.
Extremely rare here and my first.
I called another birdwatching logger about it and it turned out that he had seen the same bird the day before.
No chance of two being here at the same time.

So, yes, binos are good to have at work:)

I keep some in the truck too. Company bought em but lets me use them for hunting:/:

On the rare occasion I may need binoculars, I use the zoom on my camera. It works real well, plus I can take a pic.

I've never used them for trees,but there have been times where I wish I had them with me. All I have are cheap ones. A good pair would be nice.

I was tired this morning and read this thread and had no idea what it was about. Now I get it.

I thought he was talking about something else.... Then I became aware of the difference in spelling....:/:

beano.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Dilgfm7DgI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Dilgfm7DgI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back