Billy Ray's Back-Cut First Extreme Leaner.

Lots of Great Discussion!
And, important principle, that is seen across all disciplines,
Paradigm Shift: When really the only way to go forward in understanding is to shift whole model, do the exact opposite!
kinda the yin/yang pendulum swinging to the equal/opposite extreme i think.
Scientific/Medical paradigm shifts very abundant!
Here walked out of Plato's cave to some extent, and saw different light;
not the way i'd go this path in future,
but still SERIOUS thought provoking and re-aligning mental model to a truer representation on one hand,
but on other hand shows to watch all forces, any can be friend or foe in how applied!

In Dan`s vid the first tree, was he trying to do what happened there, I mean pulling it away far enough so it could then drift to the side and fall in a good spot, or did it give up the ghost too early?

For me, it's probably more like a go to hell too soon (hopefully with no harm) than a perfectly planned move. I guess he actually expected what's going on, but I don't buy that the skidsteer stopped the pull (like he said) and waited the side way fall. If you look either the normal or slow motion, the both moves are absolutely continuous. The tree didn't slow nor hesitate a bit when the hinge failed, the skidsteer was still pulling.

I'm pretty sure everything that happens in Murphy's day is entirely deliberate:lol:

Back