Big tree to fall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is one of the hazard trees. One half was hung up in some hawthorn right over the footpath.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342027179.890137.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342027254.203125.jpg

Cleared a bit round the big one, tried to get some better photos but you just can't get it all in the frame.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342027324.254446.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342027361.966238.jpg

Well, it's down. More pics to follow, but the good news is it landed perfectly in the lay.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343668218.955142.jpg

Hell yeah, especially when the lay is its final resting place. The only way of moving it otherwise would be with the tirfor.

Hopefully I can post some better pics, basically the stem leant at 45 degrees over a river.

The idea was to swing the stem into a position next to the path.

I guyed it directly against the lean, used an angled face to swing the fell so the guy rope would in theory be under a fairly constant tension as it came over. A couple of wedges got it moving, and the guy rope did its job perfectly.

I had 3 guys helping me out, and there was a conversation going on while I was cutting to the tune of "what the hell is he doing he hasn't even got his cuts level"

There might be a video of it coming over.

Video, you say? I love it when a plan comes together: insert cigar, followed by a big grin, followed by A-Team theme music, and roll credits.

Just heard that the client has been for a site visit today and is delighted. Result!

Excellent.. I love it when that happens. I like it even better if they have tried to do some of the work themselves in the past so they are in touch with what you were up against ;)

Back