best small saw now!

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 77
  • Views 9K
R

robdog

I cannot choose.Give me a clue and make it best saw with a 14" bar for climbing. Also best for the price. Best value also.

The Stihl 200T is by far the best climbing saw ever made. Anything else is second rate in comparison. And since it will pay for itself with one job, the purchase price is irrelevent. I'd buy them if they cost $2000 each and they would STILL make me a ton of money.

There is a rear handled 192 now as well. I too prefer the 200, but that sucker sure was Light. $340ish

TS

yes 200t is the one to have. but you may wont the 16 in bar. somtimes two more inchs counts

200T!!! I was a skeptic for the longest time because of the price. But now I won't buy anything else.

Marketing ploy or not I got 3 of them and if they were actually disappearing I'd probably buy a couple more .:D

My saw guy has a couple of rear handled 200's and I'm all hot for one. It WILL be my next 200! :rockon:

HECK yeah!! We love ours......first saw we grab, super light and strong. 200t is the next. Best little saw is...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9x8rBKC4BE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9x8rBKC4BE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Damn... so that's Rotax Robert's saw? Who's the competition? Glad it's not me.

I just took 3 of my 5 200T's to the Stihl dealer to have them fixed up. They all needed various parts like handle bushings, some fuel lines needed to be replaced, etc. We have a 2nd Stihl dealer that has Elite dealer status, is friendly and helpful. The one I had complained about is still around, but he does not have the "Elite" status and I know why.

The dealer I go to has MS200T's w/16 inch bar and MS361's with 20 inch bar on sale for $539 each. They had 6 of each left as of today. I got enough of the 200s. I would like to get a 650 or 660 next.

Speaking of 020 or Ms 200 's.I have one comming from a member on another site .

I'm going to turn this little rascal into a killer bee .Much talk has been done on a souped up climbing saw.I'm going to do one .I'll post it once it's done on here and Racesaws .:D

Speaking of 020 or Ms 200 's.I have one comming from a member on another site .

I'm going to turn this little rascal into a killer bee .Much talk has been done on a souped up climbing saw.I'm going to do one .I'll post it once it's done on here and Racesaws .:D

Al, they a tuned pretty hot right out of the box. Some very minor muffler work can help a little, but 90% of that can be accomplished by simply removing the screen/ baffle. I suggest you get some definitive output numbers on that saw with just a muffler mod before you spend a bunch of time on it.
8)

Oh I know they are little screamers just the way they are without doing much of anything to them .

This is just another one of my experiments in chainsawdom .;) For some reason or another I some times feel the urge to soup a few of them up if for no other reason than the fact I can .

The ms 200 is the king of the climbing saw kingdom of small tophandle saws.

Al, are you getting a ms 200 or one of the square bodied older model 020 saws. There is room for some mods on the 020 saws. I have several of those in my collection and ported one of them. It is a screamer compared to the stock ones I have.

Keep us informed no matter which saw it is. This might be inteteresting.

Back