best small saw now!

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 77
  • Views 9K
Speaking of chain size,a question .I'm asking cause I don't know .How does a person or is it possible to convert an 020 T to run .325 chain ???

That danged 3/8 " lo pro-pico whatever only comes in semi as far as I know and for what what I'm going to try to do I need to file a faster chain than is possible using that type .

Can't run a .325 pitch on a 020 whatever. No sprockets available that I know of. That pitch would bog the saw down.

Can't run a .325 pitch on a 020 whatever. No sprockets available that I know of. That pitch would bog the saw down.
It won't when I get though with it .;)

The only reason I asked was old Gypo had an 020 rear handle with .325 chisel on it . It zipped right along .

Oh I suppose I could find an older 1/4" set up so I could run carving chain .Too bad they don't make 3/8 lo pro in chisel,it would make things a lot more simple .:(

It won't when I get though with it .;)

The only reason I asked was old Gypo had an 020 rear handle with .325 chisel on it . It zipped right along .

Oh I suppose I could find an older 1/4" set up so I could run carving chain .Too bad they don't make 3/8 lo pro in chisel,it would make things a lot more simple .:(

The 1/4" pitch sprocket and roller tip bars are off the shelf items at my Stihl dealer. :D

Ed

Back