Best small handgun.

Sig P230.

Desert Eagle .50, go BIG or go home :lol::lol::lol:

Laugh all you want about that. A buddy of mines wife was told "You couldn't handle the power of a 10mm, that would put you on your ass lady!" by a salesman. 5' 6"ish, 150lbs. I can stop you, or at least hurt you bad with that gun. She can put a round right between your eyes everytime!!!
It sucks being out shot with your own gun, sucks more when it's a girl:cry:

She said she did not want a revolver...

OK then,

The only other pistol that I would suggest for her would be the Smith & Wesson Military & Police Compact .40 !

Below are the standard size Lt. and the compact Rt. ... Read up on the compact on line. This could be the one for her!

BTW, The pic makes it look bigger.

What do you think?

HC

Attachments

• 04-04-07-017.jpg
    04-04-07-017.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 15
I'm partial to the hammerless revolvers.

Seems like a no brainer to pull out of your pocket.

I would think she would be better off with a stub nose revolver, than a compact auto. What about a compact 22 auto. Not much knock down power, but well placed shots are whats up.

OK then,

The only other pistol that I would suggest for her would be the Smith & Wesson Military & Police Compact .40 !

Below are the standard size Lt. and the compact Rt. ... Read up on the compact on line. This could be the one for her!

BTW, The pic makes it look bigger.

What do you think?

HC

I think that it's no smaller than a G26 that she presently doesn't like.

I think that it's no smaller than a G26 that she presently doesn't like.
-- ---------------------

Perhaps LJ, but you do get a bit more stopping power with the .40!

She's just gonna have to go to the gun shop and see for herself what fits her best.

Boils down to what Dars wife needs as opposed to what she wants, IMHO.

The 442 pocket revolver with the enclosed hammer is by far the simplest & safest to use in a bad situation for someone with a smaller hand.

*** This gun (442) was designed for one purpose only...personel protection! Your not gonna be winning any target events with it. It will simply take the guess work out of Point & Shoot!

K.I.S.S. ;)

HC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
-----------------------

Perhaps LJ, but you do get a bit more stopping power with the .40!

She's just gonna have to go to the gun shop and see for herself what fits her best.

The 442 pocket revolver with the enclosed hammer is by far the simplest & safest to use in a bad situation for someone with a smaller hand.

*** This gun (442) was designed for one purpose only...personel protection! Your not gonna be winning any target events with it. It will simply take the guess work out of Point & Shoot!

K.I.S.S. ;)

HC

"Boils down to what Dars wife needs as opposed to what she wants, IMHO"
Yeah that is a very valid point, problem is getting her to actually carry it.
She poped out to wally world and guess what ?
No glock in her purse it here at home doing nothing.
So i have to buy her a smaller gun since then she will always have something
With her accuracy she will likely change someobdys mind from messing with her if she needs to , i realize it will not have tons of knock down power but ittl be better than nothing.Which is what she is carriying at this very moment:?
Im sure three in the chest and one or two in the face , even small cal. will likely get umm to pick on somebody else.
:O
We are going to Benton shooting supply this week.

Going out on a limb here, (sorry couldn't resist) but what are here thoughts on Mace or Pepper Spray???

If you get her a "KeyChain" size unit that attaches to her keys, she'll have to take it with her when she takes the car!!!

I've taken training on the use of pepper spray & pepper foam through work & been sprayed. *** I gotta tell ya...I'd rather get my arm broken than to get another dose of that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:violent3:

Makes for an interesting stocking stuffer,;)!!!

Just a thought is all,

HC

The "stopping power" debate is fun and sells lots of periodicals but it is oveblown IMO. About half the time a .22 short stops things with one round-if a gun gets fired. Most of the times when guns save the day they do it without a shot. Nothing works immediately all the time....anyone who has seen much game shot knows that. If deer sometimes run 150 yards after being shot through the lungs with 150 grain expanding bullets launched at 3000fps (and they do) it becomes rather apparent that the reaction to a bullets impact is highly variable. The gun you have will always trump the one you can't access. ....and The .380 isn't such a punk cartridge as some would have us believe. Neither is the .22lr. I'm happy for all the folks who can carry full sized autos and revolvers. Likewise those who find "compact" versions of such guns in "real" defense calibers packable. Some people aren't willing to put up with the additional hassles of carrying firearms of such size and weight concealed. That is why arms like the Keltec P3aT and the Ruger LCP are so popular.

The "stopping power" debate is fun and sells lots of periodicals but it is oveblown IMO. About half the time a .22 short stops things with one round-if a gun gets fired..... The .380 isn't such a punk cartridge as some would have us believe. Neither is the .22lr.

I agree. As I said earlier, I wouldn't want to get shot by a pellet rifle.

If I had a choice in a gun fight, I would take a Ruger 10/22 with a 50 round clip over a 9mm handgun. (my favorite small handgun cartridge.)

I once watched a video of a .22 rimfire machine gun. It destroyed a CMU wall in a very short time.

Hell yeah Stumper thats what ive been saying.
Comm on you get poped in the face by a .22 short you are likely gonna bail.
So now it all boils down to two factors.
Which small gun i get ...and which small gun i can obtain here is the catch ....
Befor christmas..
She already got a new Vacume cleaner...Now Guys that was not my idea...

Stumper & Koa-man,

I agree about the stopping power debate thing. I was just suggesting a postol I'm familure with since she indicated to Dark she didn't want a revolver.

Just about anything thats pointed at a bad guy & makes noise will likely change their mind! I was looking at this issue in a practical way with safety in mind. Hence my choice of arms above.

Regardles what she dicides on, she'll have to have it on her person for it to be effective in a situation!

Just going to toss something else out there to talk about.

How to carry a handgun:
-If its just laying in the bottom of a purse, its no good to you. The time it takes to fish around for it ...its to late. Speed & suprise are everything when chit hits the fan. Your actions must be swift and deliberate!
-What if the bag guy steels the purse??? He'll have taken the gun along with it!

There are many different typs of holsters on the market. You want one that can carry a gun and not tip off others its a holster.

A few friends of mine use a "Fanny Pack" holster and like it while working off duty or under cover. It not only is a holster but is a functioning fanny pack and they come in a number of designs to choose from.

You can pick one up on eBay for around $25!

HC

Attachments

• gal-etb.jpg
    gal-etb.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 6033_1.jpg
    6033_1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 47
To Justin's suggestion, this is my "pocket gun". I love this little bugger!! Fits really nice in a back pocket!!

Attachments

• Beretta_22LR.jpg
    Beretta_22LR.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 42
Cool Andy (But the P3aT is virtually the same size and is a .380).
Fanny packs aren't so much Fag bags as flag bags-the ones made as holsters are a little bit distinctive for the .01 percent of the populaton who pay attention to such things. Of course many generic belly bags are easily adapted to the insertion of a bit of leather and a gun.

I don't think I would want to shoot a .380 that small!!
I had, many years ago, the .25 version of the same gun, I was happy to part with it! The guns are good, but don't get me started on the .25acp cartridge!

Those are all great points.
Yeah i dont want her , nor does she ,
want to carry , in the bottom of a purse.
Thats total BS.
We are working on several different belts/ holsters , to carry something smaller , but present it fast and accurate.
At this point im just going to buy what she can shoot the best in the range.

After further consideration of this stopping power thing, I wouldn't even want to get sprayed in the face, especially without eye protection, from my AEG airsoft full auto machine gun. It shoots those plastic BBs at 375 fps. It can easily take your eye out!

Of course I wouldn't want to have to rely on that as my defense weapon, but it sure is fun to shoot the big cockroaches with.

G 26 looks great,
P38t or
Sig p232. or 230

My Vote is for G26

Som Bitchhh.
i spent all day looking for a small light weight pistol.
first off all the local stores are completly out of dang near everything.
gunsamerica.com is an insane resource for finding most anything.
I could use some help here .
I settled for a Kel-Tec P-3AT Gray 380 ...cost me a bomb but it was the only one i could locate....
For me i almost bought a Springfield armory .45 acp , but this guy put up a check ... uhhh yeah a check about 15 mins befor i would have paid in full for it...
The little kel tecs are fairly hard to find , but i think my wife would deffinatly carry one since its only 7.5 ounces.
Im wanting to try out the kel tec 9 mill at 10.5 ounces but i seriously doubt ill buy one.

Main thing here is for me ,,, im finding buying a decent light weight gun isa alot harder for the time being because of the new President.
People are freaking out ..
oh well nuff said
I got one kel .380 on the way and im sure she will pratice ands carry it...
im bummed though at the lack of local availability ,so we can actually try sever or at least hold them.
Sux but at least i got something ....

As for the gun talk, as I have said before, if I needed to pack a gun, much less TWO guns around to feel like I was safe, I would move. I would like to own firearms a bit less legally hounded than we are up here but daily packing of a pistol is not somethine I want to feel that I need to do.

Last edited:
Sorry about the posting ...There i removed umm
I love it here in Chattanooga, and dont want to move, but there are alot of weirdos around ...its just not safe to Not carry

Back