Best small handgun.

If you ever do get one, I'd suggest keeping it to yourself.

Thanks Justin. I have others, but I've pocket carried every gun in that picture, excluding the 327. Trying to stay "on topic.":lol:

I've considered getting a fag bag to enable rolling hella dirty.

Cuz, there's only 5 shooters and 8 shooters in that picture ;).

James beat me to it.:lol:

I like the those PPK/S's. Don't know how good they are for anything, but I like'em.:)

Man Bag with gun .... This ain't gay... it deadly:evil:
<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/c70c0f2ba0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/c70c0f2ba0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

I'd have to strongly agree with Carl on the Airweights!

I'd go with the enclosed hammer for a number of reasons. Safety being number one. You grab, point, pull. Simple!!! Remember: K.I.S.S. ??? ;)

The issue is the hammer getting cought on something. If this is to be used for personel protection, then something like a S&W Mod.#442 would be the most practical choice.

Last thing you want in a bad situation is something complicated. Because your wife likely wont be shooting her gun every month means she's not going to be very familure with it.

Slides, slide locks, safeties, external hammers, cycling a round before shooting, etc etc etc. Sheesh!

When chit hits the fan, all your going to be thinking about is Grab, Point, Pull. Anything more than that will place you at a disadvantage when seconds count, IMHP!!!

BTW, When I was first hired (19 years ago) with the police, officers were issued 38cal. revolvers. They had the hammer-spur cut off of them to reduce the risk of snaging and possibly going off unintentionally. This is why I think the S&W Airwights with inclosed hammers makes the best choice all around.

HC

ps- Forgot to mention, a gun must fit the shooters hand properly!!! This is very important!!!

Attachments

• 150469_thumb.jpg
    150469_thumb.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 54
I agree with the enclosed hammer, although I carry an exposed hammer.

It should be noted that you can smack the back of the hammer as hard as you like (when it is at rest), and the gun won't fire.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wife does shoot regularly.
I wish she would just buck up and carry the 9 , i like the option of 15 shots,and another 15 and so forth.
Ill be thinking hard on this one.
Leaning toward the revolver though.
Just so simple and bam bam .
6 shots should do it...

Contrary to popular belief, barrel length (in general) doesn't effect accuracy.

DSC04732.jpg

Butch, are you implying that it would be simple to hit a 1" target from 30-40' away using a pocket pistol? I'm sensing a bit of a sneer in your post.

Dark,

That S&W mod 442 pocket pistol is a five shot gun ...not six. Keeps size & weight down. Better fit for small hands! ;)

HC

Back