Bailey's Univent (Husky 372xpg)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup, I just tried to frame the picture so that the 'Univent' sticker on the recoil cover was visible so that there would be no confusion as to which saw we were talking about. ;)

This is a rescue saw to begin with. The ones with Carbide chain and protections..
If it had been a cut of saw it would have been a no goer....

Here is the 575 with this gear on it..
www.unifireusa.com/ventSaw.php

Could not find a pic of the Univent 372 now other than in Baily's...

Look again, Magnus, that's a Univent 372....

They also sell the saw with a concrete cutting blade....says Univent right on the bar.

Can anyone tell what those saws with the circular blade are?

Rog, I don't think the saw on Univent's website is a 372. The air filter cover clip is not in the right place, it's too low.

psDG.jpg

From what I have been able to find this model is somewhat of a rescue type saw that uses a carbide chain . Evidently because of this it might in fact be able to bypass some of the EPA mandated stuff . Just a guess on my part .

You might be on to something, Al. When I fired it up the other day it did not seem sluggish and plugged up like most new saws these days. And I'm not sure how big the muffler outlet is on most new Huskys but this one seems larger than the outlet hole on the stock Stihl 460. I took the screen off for the picture.

No interior baffles, just an empty can. None of the 372s have baffles in the muffler.

There are three different mufflers for the 372Xp/xpg and that is the best one I think the hollow can :)
there is one piped muffler (EU muffler) and one like the hollow one but with baffles (jungle muffler)

Look again, Magnus, that's a Univent 372....

They also sell the saw with a concrete cutting blade....says Univent right on the bar.

Can anyone tell what those saws with the circular blade are?

No, it is a Univent 575...
It has little parts similar to Univent 372 except cutting attachments.
tank/rear handle should be a dead give away, but top cover/ top end is easy to compare too as well...
I show you instead, easyer to see than read my poor explanations.

Here is 575.
Bild001.jpg

Here is 372.
Bild002.jpg

Univent is rebaged HVA's.

I think you mean the one shown in Univents page and that disc saw is K750, same as 575 with fresh air engin...

Hahahahaha!

I could not get to the bench, too much crap in the way...

It will take a good hour before that mess is done and a path is clear!!

This makes sense, I have a Husky 371K (cut off saw) that runs like a bear. The 371 I had didn't run anywhere near as good.

So basically, this is the 372XP that the rest of the (non-EPA compliant) world gets to see? Kewl! :D

I don't see the "Not available for CA" on the Baileys site. This could be the way around all our power lowering CARB laws :D You cut anything with that beast yet Brian?????

Last edited:
Siding ye say? Nothing to it :D

Attachments

• summer 2002_0003.jpg
    summer 2002_0003.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 122
  • summer 2002_0082.jpg
    summer 2002_0082.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 122
Back