Bailey's Univent (Husky 372xpg)

but are the oil holes in the same place?

NOPE!!! Thats the problem I ran into putting a Stihl bar on a 262xp, the Stihl oil holes were 3/8" ish higher than the Husky oil hole.
The large mount Huskies might be closer, but I know it wont work with a small mount Husky.

I run an 084 Stihl mount bar on a 2100 Homelite by using homemade shims which mount over the studs and replicate the Stihl studs .It works very well if I do say so .The oil hole needed some work as well as the tightening hole .

I thought I could use a Stihl mid size mount like from 038 to 066 size on a Husky 2100 using the same method but not so .The oil hole would have worked but the standard 72 driver loop for a 20 inch bar was a few lengths too short . Evidently there must be enough difference in the stud spacing to make this idea non feasable without a few more drivers or milling out the bar . Rather than go through all that I'll just get the correct bar and be done with it . Heaven only knows I've got a slew of 72 driver chains already .

You can take a chain file and elongate the oil holes to catch the oil coming out from the pump. You can drill oil holes too. The bar steel is hardened, and will cook a drill bit, but you can eventually get it done at slow speed. Might have to sharpen the drill bit once or twice. Take a thin file and clean up the hole edges through the slot in the bar. I put a chamfer around the outside edge of the oil hole.....works great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well guys, I've owned this saw a little over 2 years and just put it into production last week after crunching the handle on one of my other 372's. This is the only 372 I have in stock form and after about 7-8 tanks of fuel I've got to say it's just about equal to my ported saws. The 75cc cylinder and more aggressive factory porting are really nice. The only modification I've made is adding a muffler port and trimming the tabs on the carb so I can figure out where my starting point is when I adjust it. I worked today with a guy who had a brand new MS460 (a week old) and my 372 blew it away. I'm really glad I grabbed this saw when I did.

And Scott, it's not as strong as the Dozer Dan 371 I sold you last winter. That one is still the fastest one I've ever run.

Baahhhh. A likely story.

Don't be knocking on my 460's?:what:

Just because some guy is running 'em dull.

:D

Say in looking at the picture of this thing there's some stuff you could do to it real easy if you wanted to .You get a die grinder,Dremel and smooth those rough as cob ports up a tad and the transfer tunnels I'd bet it would pep it up at least some without doing a thing to the port timing .

I got to run a like brand new bailey's sold univent XPW 75cc . Definitely nothing done to those. It's stock as stock can be.

Back