Bailey's new catolog

Ax-Man

Don't make me chop you
I don't know how many people here get Bailey's catolog but they have really expanded this year's catolog for aborist's gear.

Bailey's have mainly catered to the logging industry and they still do but it looks like they are going to go toe to toe with Sherrill's for your tree gear dollar.

I have also noticed other obscure supplier's like AM Leonard who caters to the nursery, landscape market expand their arborist gear selection a little more each year.

What market forces are driving these suppliers to expand their tool lines in the arborist industry? Are there that many new people entering our industry creating this demand??

I've already thrown mine away. Wesspur and Sherrill are more than enough for me.
Tons of businesses offer arborist stuff now. Ben Meadows, Forestry Supplies, Inc, there's a bunch of em.

With markups ranging from 40-60%, I'd imagine it's more people wanting a slice from the same sized pie.

it could also be all those on the different forums bitching about sherrills continued price increases. the baileys', ben meadows, forestry suppliers' people reading this and thinking they can contribute w/ a couple dollar discount.

carl, some of it isnt even 40% to be competitive. and no more often than we go thru some of our gear, it needs to be 75%.

it could also be all those on the different forums bitching about sherrills continued price increases. the baileys', ben meadows, forestry suppliers' people reading this and thinking they can contribute w/ a couple dollar discount.

carl, some of it isnt even 40% to be competitive. and no more often than we go thru some of our gear, it needs to be 75%.

Their contribution is of a capitalistic nature, which I don't have a problem with. Their main reason for diversifying isn't to help others, it's to bring in more money.

Well, that's why I'm in business: to make money. If I can help people out along the way, that's even better, but the primary goal is to make money to support my family.

Sherrill's prices are higher than most and likewise AM Leonard.
I buy my stuff mostly from Wesspur and Baileys.

Mr. Sir: Well, that's why I'm in business: to make money. If I can help people out along the way, that's even better, but the primary goal is to make money to support my family.

Their is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Back