back in the Woods

They rule!

I see those odd numbers nowadaze and I'm all like...

1zdn1h1.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They get in the way of the bar nuts and slow down the process of removing the side cover. They get in the way when cutting in tight crotches unless you like leaving stubs.

Agreed... removing clutch covers and getting to the bar nuts is a PITA with the full or 3/4 wraps. You either need a special scrench, or modify a "regular" one. For ground pounders like me where 90% of the saw work I do is fallin' timber... they are worth the hassle at the clutch cover. :)

Gary

I just think it might make blocking down easier since that's all I did with that saw, I use my 460 for any felling I do, Which is very minimal i almost always just piece trees out to where they can be dropped.

I go for laying the tree out whole as often as i possibly can. Often times Ill climb just enough to modify the tree for a certain lay.

I rarely get to do that,i usually work in winter park, lots of multi million dollar houses.

That shouldnt matter Bill. I dont mean to be contrary but the value of the house has little to do with my work style. If my experience. skill, and gear can all combine to lay something down whole, its going down.

Yeah I understand but in Winter park almost everyone is anal about their landscaping. They want you to leave everything in tact except the tree. I charge a lot more for roping every piece of a tree down. A good friend of mine had a customer ask him to do a 3,000 dolor removal for 500 bucks. He told them flat out,the cheapest I'd do it is a grand and your yard will look like Iraq when its done.

You make a good point brother. I guess now that i think about it, there are some instances where I know better then to let a big beast come down and bang up a groomed lawn.

Its all good, like I said the longer I'm aloft the more I make. I'd love to piece them out and notch and drop big sticks, but if I'm getting paid to keep the yard nice, I'll rope it all down.

Back