Are you in your PRIME?

Bixler

TreeHouser
It's always interesting to see the progression of a tree climber. When were you in your prime? Is it yet to come? or, Are you in your prime now? What's it like?

I've been climbing for a handful of years now, don't think I've reached my prime yet.

Is it a combination of the mental and physical game?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
28 years old, I know I gotta fill out the rest of the paperwork, sorry boss :drink:

In your 30's is your prime because you still have loads of physical ability plus you have accumulated experience to put it to good use.

40's your physicality starts to go but you have even more experience so you still get it done in good fashion.

50's you've got massive experience, but getting out of bed is all but impossible;)

What Cory said...:).

At 50 I could still put the awe in young climbers, but just a few years later, it was lots harder.

I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ldQrapQ4d0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, I don't know, but I've been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance

;)

Yes Sirs ... I like the turn this thread has taken :D

glenfiddich-15yo-whisky.jpg
bushmills21.jpg

In my prime.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MCwRxu6U6GM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luckily I don't sound like that.

36 was probably my best year, 1984.

Terrible start but skip to 1.18.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sOI8ae3Lub8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did some of my best work at 55-60, sort of slowing down now though.8)

Luckily I don't sound like that.

36 was probably my best year, 1984.

Terrible start but skip to 1.18.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sOI8ae3Lub8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did some of my best work at 55-60, sort of slowing down now though.8)

Love that song!

At 46, I'm in better shape than I have been in years (or it seems that way to me). For 17 years, I roofed regularly, along with my tree work. While roofing is taxing physically, it uses different muscles/movements. Carrying shingles up a ladder all day will definitely beef the quads... Sitting for hours on end though, while nailing on, just gives a backache. Now that I'm climbing regularly, I've trimmed down 20 pounds, and feel lots better. Although I honestly think Im in better shape than I've been in since my early 20s, I will still say...BLESS YOU PAUL COX!!! The Wraptor is a definite asset to a middle-aged climber, especially at the end of the day, and there are still a couple of trees left to go....

Back