Arborwear tech pants

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 58
  • Views 7K
I'll admit my 2 yr old Arborwear tech pants [driftwood] are mighty tough but I've been wearing my lightweight Carharts alot more lately, especially when its hot out. I wear the poly techs mostly when its a wet day.
Willard.

No matter what you wear in this weather, guaranteed you're not going to be dry more than five minutes...I'd rather be soggy in tech than jeans...sweat or rain...they don't weigh a ton like jeans, and they dry quicker when you stop or the rain stops.

This is kind of like the old 361 cures cancer thread on AS...tech pants allow treeguys (generic) to work miracles...;)

I went and picked up my techs today, I have to say I'm impressed! They're pretty nice and very light!

Now is the part too see how long they last!

I have had four pairs of the tech pants for the the last three years and I wear them everyday as well. I remember getting them off of sierra trading post for $45-50 a pair, not sure if they are on there anymore though. They are extremely durable, just don't get close to anything hot... they melt. :)

Got my funky light colored clearance priced ones from arborwear today. They look good, now to go beat on them the rest of the week and see what happens....

You know for that matter Dickies burn pretty easy too,
I remember skateboarding in those and they would melt on the masonite.

Not to mention wet moist crotch from the high polyester % of Dickies.
You really want that stuff to breathe.

Haven't tried them in the cold yet, but I would still go with Tech Pants. But like I said, I haven't tried them in the cold yet, so I don't know how well they work. Going to be interesting to see how they do work in the cold this winter.

if its cold I wear techie long underwear with the original arborwear pants, that and a toque should keep ya warm, if not, its too cold to be working. ;)

I just wear a pear of fleece long johns underneath. If it is really cold i wear a pair of north face nylon/polyester long johns under that. It's my feet that I have a problem keeping warm.

Brent, IMO it's a matter of deciding whose rules you wish to follow, weighing the consequences of your decisions and taking responsibility for your own actions. As a sole proprietor there really isn't anybody with the authority to tell me to wear saw chaps.

Back to Tech Pants...I had to wear my old 12oz Arborwears the other day...came down from the tree and I had two nasty looking sweat stains right below my butt from the harness leg loops...just sooo not a good look!!! Doesn't happen with Tech Pants

I was sitting in my truck the other day having lunch and spilled my cup of tea on my crotch of my tech pants, now that looks real bad. Didn't feel very good either.
Willard:big-sweat:

Back