Returned to my Roots in IL, looking for some spending money work.

Underwor

Treehouser
I have recently returned to my hometown of Avon, IL, west of Peoria from 23 years in ND. Not sure why except that all our relatives live around here. As I was working full time with the Minot Park District City Forestry Crew for the past 4 years, I am suddenly experiencing withdrawal symptoms. If you need some part time help in this area, drop me a PM. or email at underwood.assoc@gmail.com . Been playing around in trees for the past 47 years and am in process of switching to SRT as I might get old some day and need the help. My real area of interest is tree disorder diagnosis and pure PHC approaches to help correct them. Also pretty good at training after an 18 year stint of teaching in ND. References available.

After living in the Dakotas, I think of 80 miles one way as being a reasonable commute. That was what I did the past 4 years. Also have motorhome if you have a couple of weeks in the sunny southland this winter. Will consider all offers.

Cool post, Bob...will be interesting to see where this goes. Good luck with it...hope somewhere warm wants you...ND...IL...both WAY too cold for me.

Nice post, Bob. Your experience, and plea for a position, will probably get you more offers for work for than you want. Good life experience in the business is just plain getting harder to come by.

I sure miss my friend, Bob. He's a great guy. I attended the tree climbing conference he hosted at Oak Park in Minot, this past June. I met a lot of great people there, many of whom are members of this group. What a great day!

Bob, if you stop by here once in a while, please give me a shout. I've posted some pictures on this board, which I believe are signs of EAB in the green ash trees near me. I'd sure like your input on the matter.

Joel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Joel, get hold of ndfs on the net or by phone. They will send someone right out to check.

Bob,

Thanks for checking in. I contacted our local forestry manager, Ross Myers......one of your former students. He's got the pictures I took of what I believe to be EAB.

Maybe you could take a look at the photos and tell me what I'm looking at. Here's a link to the thread and the pictures I took last Friday.

https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?18046-EAB-economics&highlight=EAB

Ross Myers sent the pictures to NDSU via email. He's got the ball rolling.

Joel

Back