APTA2.0 - The 64 Special

Ok my wife dragged me grocery shopping. No red dots in stock at my Walmart.

Nick why not add that sight as standard equipment?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I havent tried one yet, its on my list of things to do though.

The only reason I have been putting it off is it doesnt exactly fit into the rugged dependability feature of the APTA devices. I am guessing that it would likely break pretty quickly.

Let me know if it works!

So Scott, Did you order the red dot?

Heres a quick video showing the first prototype we ever made! It went to Bixler, a user from the Buzz who lives in California. He uses a small air compressor to fill his up, Scott's and Paul's model both filled for me in 40 seconds with a bike pump from Walmart.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KZ0oG6gqrQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am so happy to see him using it!

Bixler, who received the 1st ever 64-S made a little video, he didnt even tell me but I found it browsing the tube!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OejL3KYjd4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I LOVE it as you can imagine!

Gary,

Your unit is done, I just have to get it from Chris and it will be on its way to you! Well, I have to get back to the USA then get it from Chris... You get the gist.

I wonder how Scott Nesons is working out?

Well, get home, get settled, get with Chris and GET SHIPPING!

At your convenience. My son is working on getting a firefighter airpack that I hope to use for the air supply. The FF tanks hold a higher psi than scuba so should provide more fills for the APTA. I'll let you know how that works out.

Hahahha...I want to make a superhero video like Nick's friend did...that was cool.

MB...firetruck needs a rear main seal. The last time Alex pulled a big A$$ sweetgum stump with it (and broke a chain hook that shot a big logging chain about 30 horizontal feet and 20 feet up into a tree) :O it also blew the main seal...made a great oil puddle in the yard. He was considering selling it but I discouraged it...it's too cool having your own firetruck. We are taking down a mess of trees now so that he can build a shelter that will house it, his Kubota tractor, Bronco, etc. I also found him with the cab of the firetruck up the other day studying how much trouble it is to replace the rear main seal...looks like he is keeping it. I want to eventually help him restore it enough that it can be used again.

For those that don't know about the truck...here's the auction where Alex bought it. How many kids get to go to their first day of kindergarten in their own firetruck?

Attachments

• 001_004.jpg
    001_004.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 001_005.jpg
    001_005.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 55
  • 001_006.jpg
    001_006.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 001_007.jpg
    001_007.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 001_001.jpg
    001_001.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 001_002.jpg
    001_002.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 001_003.jpg
    001_003.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 55
It needs to be redesigned to where the attachment point is on the back, not the front. And no way I'd use the reel to pull my climbline up! That's just asking to break it.

Back