Anyone Have a Good Pizza Dough Recipe?

We have it around the hay, but not on the perimeter fences. Might be time to extend it though.

I'm a bit scattered right now, I'll post the pizza directions soon.

I hope you don't mind che... But I will post it for you, right from the email you sent me... :)

Gary

PIZZA CRUST

½ pkg. yeast (or 1rounded tsp. from jar) yeast

1 Tbsp. sugar

¼ - ½ tsp. salt

2 cups White Lily Bread Flour

1 Tbsp. olive oil

2/3 cup hot water

Mix dry ingredients together in bread maker pan, add hot water and olive oil.

Set to ‘dough cycle’ & start (mine takes about an hour and a half to mix, knead, and then rise. It stops at that point, does not bake it)

Check after about 4 – 5 minutes, dough should stick together without leaving ‘wet’ dough on sides of bowl or dry mix on bottom of pan. (Keep as ‘moist’ as possible without being too sticky to handle for light crust. This is something that you will get a ‘feel’ for after a couple times)

After rising cycle, place dough on cutting board and knead by hand for about a minute, this will make the dough easier to work with. Shape dough into pizza crust on the new ‘non stick’ aluminum foil on a cookie sheet. (I usually cut a single recipe into three parts and make three oblong single pizzas, or four round pizzas)

Place in warm place to rise about 15 minutes or longer.

Turn oven to 400 degrees (with pizza stone on bottom shelf) to preheat.

Add toppings:

I use Emirell’s Home Style Marinara , then mushrooms, sausage, Canadian Bacon, olives, peppers, etc. before covering all with mozzarella (or ‘pizza’) cheese. Pepperoni is traditionally added on top of the cheese. (I’ve just switched to using presliced mozzarella…..after a long day, it’s just one little time saver)

Carefully slide the aluminum foil with the pizzas onto the stone, bake for about 12 minutes or until browned. When done, you can slide the foil/pizzas right back onto the cookie sheet.

Let cool for a few minutes, it will make cutting easier.

*I found that using ½ pkg of yeast has a better taste.

*Canola oil can be used instead of olive oil.

*I use the new ‘no stick’ foil, if using plain foil oil it first.

*this dough makes good bread sticks, bake on stone

If you want to make a couple bread sticks, and your breadmaker pan is big enough....you can increase the ingredients about 50%:

1-1/2 to 2 tsp. yeast

1-1/2 Tbsp. sugar

½ tsp. salt

2 cups White Lily Bread Flour

1-1/2 Tbsp. olive oil

1 cup hot water

Gary, or Che---white lily bread flour??? never heard of it---thanks

Just have to say thanks Che and Gary... That dough worked out great... Made some sauce and Rob did the dough.. Katy loved it so did the kids.. Very good recipe, thanks again :D

Just have to say thanks Che and Gary... That dough worked out great... Made some sauce and Rob did the dough.. Katy loved it so did the kids.. Very good recipe, thanks again :D

Good to hear!!

Thanks Gary for posting the recipe. I had lost power a few times already for short periods, and I had just found the email I'd sent you with the recipe and then it went out for the next week.

I suggested White Lily Bread Flour cuz it seems to be finer than the all purpose flours. Makes a very nice crust/bread. I don't think it would make that much difference though. I don't believe I've seen it up North....must be a Southern thang. :D

Back