Anyone can start any engine...using the drill powered Pullstarter

I see it works on easy to pull micro engines...have you tried it on an 18hp vac or a direct drive generator yet?

I watched the video to see how well a cordless drill would pull a cord, and if it could pull it fast enough, and it appears to do a very good job. Nice piece of engineering.

Clever idea! I too would want to know how much pull force, how big of an engine, this is designed for.

Go get the 880 and tie it on! ... Now send up the rope puller!... And put your phone down!

I'm just trying to see the pros using it :)

Oof. That's an expensive drop. There's maybe two ways it could land without destroying itself.

Or you're getting a lot of $10,000 jobs.

I've never known anyone to use an 880 in a tree. The one I heard about ended up dropping it.
I've done it off a springboard, and from standing on one super hollow stump, 8' in the air, of a double-trunk monster cottonwood. Told them to get me the 60" bar, but they thought I only needed the 50". Nearly fell off some little shelf I had to cut in the already cut stump to chase the backcut around the second trunk. Love it when people second guess the guy with the saw.

Do that again? No, thank you.

@Brankif

No particular tree prowess is needed for posting here. We are all over the spectrum of tree and other skills. Lots of us are pro's, some rec climbers, some amateur, some freelance, a farmer, a timber framer, etc.

Join in, as you like. Tell a joke. etc.

I was talking to my customer about the JumpStarter today. He mentioned his Craftsman has an electric drill connection on the starter.
Just looked at this...https://www.amazon.com/Troy-Bilt-JumpStart-Trimmers-Handheld-Equipment/dp/B016TQFMJ2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=craftsman+speed+start+bit&qid=1575942848&sr=8-1

How would one adapt a 2100 starter mechanism to a drill?

Back