anybody ever dealt with Southwest Trading?

SkwerI

Treehouser
I've been searching out my options for buying Husqvarna chainsaws ever since they eliminated online sales and Bailey's no longer carries them. Through Google I found a company called Southwest Trading that gave me a price over the phone. I've never heard of them before, does anyone here have any feedback on them?

Never heard of them.

Isn't there a local dealer you can buy from? I'd rather deal with someone face to face.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only local Husky dealer has only been carrying Husky for less than a year. My previous experiences with them when they were a Stihl dealer were not positive and I have no affinity toward dealing with them. I'd prefer dealing with an online dealer since I have all my parts lists and work on my own equipment. I can get parts from Bailey's quicker and cheaper than my local dealer can get them.

And I do better dealing with people online than face to face. ;)

Is it cool to post a company .....hate to get somebody in %&# for selling online. I'll PM you the company that sent me Huskys after Bailey's said no way. No muss no fuss, the saws went right out.

And I do better dealing with people online than face to face. ;)

It's those two big freaking front teeth you have, Skwerl. :lol:
damm, that would scare me off too!

-Weres my squirrel dog!?, here comes Skwerl!

www.AbellTurfandTractor.com

Contact Franklin Abell. He sent me four saws in January (359s) for myself and some buds. I'm not sure if he will supply the complete line of Huskys or not. I asked if he would continue to supply saws in the future. He said sure, no prob.......offered me a job as his agent here too.

Well I certainly appreciate all the input here as well as the private messages. Husqvarna has changed the rules since the first of the year so technically the dealers aren't supposed to sell out of their area. I contacted a dealer I did business with a couple years ago and they agreed to sell me a 395 since I was an existing customer already. And they also do power tuning (porting) work in house so I'm having them port the saw as well. Unfortunately I was asked not to tell all my buddies where I bought it so I can't disclose the dealer.
:(

Obviously I don't buy new saws .I do however buy parts and each every Husqvarna part has came from an online source . We have no stocking Husqvarna dealers in this area .

I believe that there is no restriction on selling Husky parts online. You'll be wanting to open up the muffler on that saw too.

Because Husqvarna changed the rules to forbid online sales in order to bolster support for local dealers. Just like Stihl, the dealers are now only allowed to sell to their local market or to walk-in customers.

Yup, I run Stihl's and am at the mercy of our local dealer. There's only two different guys at that shop that are still there from the old days that are even worth talking to about parts, otherwise forget it.:roll:

I actually have 2 competent Stihl dealers within a reasonable distance. The closest one also sells husky.

If you think about this it is pretty easy...

We dealers dont sell a saw, don't meet the custemer, can't help or influence in his purchase. All we get is the wining and demand for support of a product they did not really want or need.
And to top it all we want money too!

No, bye with a dealer, get a good relationship going and you are set.
There are bad dealers, sure, but bad internet sellers too!

If you think about this it is pretty easy...

We dealers dont sell a saw, don't meet the custemer, can't help or influence in his purchase. All we get is the wining and demand for support of a product they did not really want or need.
And to top it all we want money too!

Magnus,
That is a great assessment of the situation, thanks for clarifying, NOW will you sell and ship to me? :)

I am a Dolmar Dealer.
I can order most anything as we saw nut's work together here regardless of brand.

But I am in Sweden.

Magnus,
That is a great assessment of the situation, thanks for clarifying, NOW will you sell and ship to me? :)

Regardless of were you buy it it will need parts and service.

You can buy anything online, but it is hard to get help later when you go to a dealer that know you will not buy a thing of him....
Many dealers mark their saws and service the custemers that buy from them, ignore the rest or give them a run around, salted bills etc.
It is like if you go to a tree job and mark the branches so the custemer can remove them himself without cost to him and no income for you.

For company's and proffessionals I belive the best is to find a good dealer locally (regardless of brand) and get service, advice, products from same place.
If you don't have good dealers close that is a diffrent matter.

Very wise words. Folks ask me what is the best saw, and I always say find a dealer that you like, and buy what they recommend and service.

With my dealer, I can go in with an 'emergency' and he will drop everything and get on it right away.

He also sells me saws at far below list.

Here is the trick, if you don't need it right away, tell them.
Nothing pisses off a saw mechanic then to say you need it, and then don't come back right away to pick it up.

My dealer takes care of me. I don't know what I would do if I did not have a dealer close by. Maybe start again with fixing my saws myself.
But that takes time. Time I am chroniclly short of.

Back