Any SRT guys in here?

• Thread starter Ace76
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 10K
I think I'm going to try this one first.

http://www.edelrid.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=284&Itemid=371

I have heard too many climbers talk about how bad the 8 twists the rope and can cause sheath slippage, wearing out the rope too quick.

The Eddy is cool, I'd try it if I were in the market but that crap about eights wearing out rope is hype. They will make the rope hockle but no worse than a VT or a Distel.

...And Burn, maybe the bigger opening is the ticket, mine is a small one. I've only inverted a rope in my eight once and it wasn't too hard to get straight but since then, I feed the rope in flat. The T-side figure eight is high on my purchase list.

You'd love it, Blinky. Every single climber whom I've introduced to the RQ3 has been an instant convert.

I started using SRT/RAD system last summer. Where it really shines here is in those frikkin' ash tree where it is next to impossible to isolate the climbing line! Lob your line up and over a few appropriate sized crotches and get in the tree. No need for a friction saver or all that stuff until you get to a high tie in point.

I entered the game after a significate accident, that makes FL near impossible. I can FL but I am like a sloth. BTW Frank Chips makes me sick when-ever I see him at it! The RAD set-up seems to save me energy, as I use all the major muscles to climb. The first few trees I worked off a gri-gri. Not so effficient IF you have to go back up, but IT did work.

I have repelled on the gri-gri, and it works fine, just NO panic mode like the I'd or the Eddie. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut and I would have owned the Eddie that rbtree ended up with for 1/2 price!:O

Nope No fee required, I might take ya up on the liquid form of snow, say in about JUNE. BUT a product review might be NICE!

Back